Fox What Is That Part Called That Connects To The Oem H Pipe?

Benz510

Feb 19, 2016
Oakland California
Hey all,

I came up on OEM H Pipe with Cats to make my car "smog legal". I do remember seeing that the piece that connects to some tube is missing. What is that part called? Is it a smog tube or EGR Tube? I'm not quite sure but i want to order a new one to replace the non existent one.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty much what everyone does when they replace H pipe. Cut the tube back 2-6" or so and install a piece of heater hose and some hose clamps.

If you run the line to the smog pump. make sure you route it away from touching the exhaust

Silicone high temp hose is a better idea (eBay, and not very expensive for a foot that will do two jobs) if we are talking the air pump tube to the exhaust end of things. Even under the hood, the P shaped smog hose is can get cooked by heat, just by proximity. And it is not touching the exhaust.

Advance auto sells a cat preheater kit that includes the green high temp rubber hose you need. Not expensive.

Used a little high temp silicone hose to connect mine last summer. If memory serves, it was rated up to about 350F. Drove all season with it that way and didn't cook anything.

....didn't stop me from rolling under the car every chance I got to make sure though. :D