what is the 94 mph fuel dump in the computer?

• Sponsors (?)

95snoozer said:
I read this and was like :shrug:

there is no dip in my A/F on the dyno

does it adjust for gears?or is it at a certain rpm in 4th? or is it a myth?

If you are talking about a speed limiter, No such thing. I havew put my Stang to 240KPH (150MPH) on the speedo with 2.73 gears.

There is an electronic rev limiter though, and it is set lower on an AODE equipped car.

no... somewhere there was a thread about chipping the ECU, and they said the computer would send the fuel tables rich at 93-94 mph

I dont know if this was on athe cobra computer or the 94-5 GT

Rim size doesn't play a part in any speed limiter because the rolling diameter of both the 16" and the 17" optional tire is the same (25.7")

I thought the only speed limiter in the Mustangs was drag :)

What I read was that they put this fuel dump only in the Cobra computer to make the car a little safer for insurance reasons. This is not a speed limiter though, it just takes the car longer to accelerate past 94mph.

Do a search for the Pro-M "Cobra finisher" this product was built to fix various 94-95 Cobra ECU issues.

http://www.pro-flow.com/Instructions/16p.htm

sixty9boss302 said:
Interesting....what is the rev limiter set on 94 manual's? I've never had the balls to find out the hard way.
Mine is like 6,250. But i think somehow some GTs are like 7,000 and some are lower like mine. I think Killercanary has the higher setting right??

95snoozer

It is no myth.

The pcm multiplies the commanded fuel ratio by a number at a determined mph to make the fuel mixture richer. In the Tweecer its called fuel enrichment for high speed.

The GT pcm (t4m0) does it fully at 127 mph

The Cobra pcm (j4j1) does it fully at 100 mph

Say the Cobra pcm is commanding a 12.5 to 1 ratio at max load

At 100 mph the pcm multiplies 12.5 by .953

This gives a new ratio of 11.9 to 1 for an enriched mixture or as some people say, the pcm dumps in fuel at high speed.

This is a basic way of explaining it but that is how it is.

Almost forgot to say to you, GOOD JOB on breaking into the 12's :nice:

Later
Grady

hey snoozer i tried to download your vid of your 12.95 pass, and had no luck when you say stock heads do you mean that they are untouched or are they ported in any kind of way, and was that pass on slicks or what.

just curious

jason

final5-0 said:
95snoozer

It is no myth.

The pcm multiplies the commanded fuel ratio by a number at a determined mph to make the fuel mixture richer. In the Tweecer its called fuel enrichment for high speed.

The GT pcm (t4m0) does it fully at 127 mph

The Cobra pcm (j4j1) does it fully at 100 mph

Say the Cobra pcm is commanding a 12.5 to 1 ratio at max load

At 100 mph the pcm multiplies 12.5 by .953

This gives a new ratio of 11.9 to 1 for an enriched mixture or as some people say, the pcm dumps in fuel at high speed.

This is a basic way of explaining it but that is how it is.

Almost forgot to say to you, GOOD JOB on breaking into the 12's :nice:

Later
Grady

thanks for the explanation

I will worry about that when I trap 127 :rlaugh:

mytight95 said:
hey snoozer i tried to download your vid of your 12.95 pass, and had no luck when you say stock heads do you mean that they are untouched or are they ported in any kind of way, and was that pass on slicks or what.

just curious

jason

not ported at all

the vid was of the 13.1 on nittos on a 1.92 60'

my 12.95 was not taped :nonono: and was odne on M&H muscle car drag tire
305/40/16 .... an 11.4 inch DOT slick made for a 7 inch rim. Its like an ET street, but it seems alot more stable and less squirley than my old 10.5 ET streets

Pass was made full street trim/interior on stock ponies, drove to the track ran it drove home

yes its light