What is the best shifter for DAILY DRIVING, Steeda Tri-ax or MGW???

• Sponsors (?)

A lot of people say the MGW is not comfortable for daily driving. But I love mine and mine doesn't feel uncomfortable at all, but I'm 6'3 and have a long reach, so that could be why. From what I've read around here, most people seem to like the tri-ax more for daily driving.

My answer to this thread is that opinions are like belly buttons....

I have the MGW blue handle and it works just fine for me but my arms are kinda long. I drive 70+ miles everyday and the MGW suites me just fine. But again, that's just my belly button, er, opinion.

-J

mgw shifter is the best period, I have more experience with the triax then my own shifter since my friend with a 01 cobra has the triax. Ive had the mgw for about 6 weeks and it is awesome. It is very very tight aqnd something to get used to for thre first " 2 weeks" I repeat, the first 2 weeks. Then it is tight, easy, smooth, and shortest throw. It is perfect for daily driving IMO..but the best advice is, Any shifter is better then that stock POS.

I currently have a Pro50 w/shorty handle. I am replacing it with a MGW shifter. The is nothing wrong with the Pro50. It is a great shifter. The replacement is only to try something different.You will most likely enjoy whatever shifter you install. Everyone seems to like the Tri-Ax,Pro50 or MGW. If you can drive a friends Stang that would help with your choice.They are all good for daily driving.Makes the ride more fun.

MGW's a great shifter. little stiff at first bc you're used to the stock noodle, but after a few days it feels great. havent tried the tri-ax but have heard good things about it as well.

I have the MGW "Cruiser" (Red) handle. They don't make them anymore and all they have is orange ones. idk how they are, but I drive my car 250+ miles a week and I love this shifter and my stang is my daily driver. :)

I have a UPR shifter with thier adjustable handle and it shift's smooth as butter, with just as positive a feel as the Tri-Ax in my '90 GT, but with equal or less noise. I actually like it better than the Tri-Ax.

Best part is it only cost me a hunded bucks. Just an other option to consider.

depends

I had the Tri-ax in my GT and I liked the shifts, but HATED the noise. Man that thing was loud!
This time I got the MGW for my Cobra and I love it. It will shift VERY hard for the first week or so, then it shifts MUCH more smoothly. The angle seems to be better for me than the Tri-ax, hard to explain, it just seems more natural.

No matter which one you get:

GET the gasket from www.shiftergaskets.com instead of the rtv goop.

It makes all the difference in the world. It will eliminate 90% of the tranny noise no matter what shifter you get. It makes a HUGE difference.

Overall I give the Tri-ax a 8/10 and the MGW a 10/10

tjm73 said:
I have a UPR shifter with thier adjustable handle and it shift's smooth as butter, with just as positive a feel as the Tri-Ax in my '90 GT, but with equal or less noise. I actually like it better than the Tri-Ax.

Best part is it only cost me a hunded bucks. Just an other option to consider.

+1
i've tried a bunch of shifters before i bought mine and i was impressed with each one. but when upr started to offer theres with an adjustable handle for $100 there was no choice which one to get.

I have the tri-ax and I love it, it was a little stiff to begin with but now it feels great, its smooth and great for daily driving. For some reason I dont mind the noise from the tranny, I dont even notice it.