What is the best way to get more Hp out of 06 V6.

• Sponsors (?)

Chewtip said:
My wife has a 06 that we got a steal of a price.What can I do to get more power and speed?

For more power:
Intake and exhaust is where most people start. Not gonna be very noticeable.
Super/Turbocharing will get you the most power if you're willing to spend the $$$.

For more speed:
Changing the rear gears is the most cost effective way to improve acceleration.

3.73 or 4.10 gears will make it quicker, but will slightly hurt fuel economy because the engine will run at higher rpm's. Cold air intake and dual exhaust is good for starters, then aftermarket headers, and you could try one of those tuner deals like diablo or predator. I am thinking of that for my own car. Finally, make the car lighter if possible.. weight is the enemy of speed. If you want more after all that, you will probably have to look at either nitrous or a supercharger, and those are big steps to take.

I would hold off on SC, TC or juice until you try a CAI, tune and muffler. Most are suprised by the performance of the car after this cost effective upgrade.

Here is a list I usually reccomend for CAI/Tune combo...

CAI/Tuner Combo
• Doug/Bamachips: XCAL2 and your choice of TI or C&L CAI. (When I switched to his tune for my old TI, it shaved off 3/10ths on my time, his daily driver is an auto as well, though I think he has several test mules/test customer cars at his disposal)
• Evolution: XCAL2 and C&L (lot of guys use them, they have a good rep, actually met them at FFW, good bunch of guys)
• AZDynoChip: XCAL2 and ? (don't know if they do the internet thing, they will tune any CAI and produce some of the highest dyno numbers)
• Lidio/Alternative Auto: XCAL2 and CAI (I did some research and several shops referred me to him for Automatics, his personal daily driver is an auto)
• Brenspeed: XCAL2 and C&L (another highly reputable shop)
• Justin/VMP Tuning: XCAL2 and ? (Considered one of the top dogs for the V6 stang community and collaborates with Doug on occasion to my knowledge, he’s also tested more CAI’s on the same dyno session than anyone I’ve seen so far, read about it here: http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25551 )

Misc. Upgrades

-Axleback exhaust (MRT is the favourite and Scrming dyno'd it to show the highest gain, sounds kick ass in single configuration IMO, can be challenging in a dual configuration IMO but can be done)
-LSD
-Gears
-Tires/Wheels (Saleen, diversified and Casco have good deals on GT take offs, like others have said this is a good cost solution, I think diversified is the favourite around here.)

After that, if you still got the bug, put it on juice, SC or TC. Hope this helps. :nice:

RED98 said:
3.73 or 4.10 gears will make it quicker, but will slightly hurt fuel economy because the engine will run at higher rpm's. Cold air intake and dual exhaust is good for starters, then aftermarket headers, and you could try one of those tuner deals like diablo or predator. I am thinking of that for my own car. Finally, make the car lighter if possible.. weight is the enemy of speed. If you want more after all that, you will probably have to look at either nitrous or a supercharger, and those are big steps to take.

Indeed, good advice. Just a muffler, CAI and tune make these cars solid 14 second cars. Thats a pretty quick car.

RED98 said:
3.73 or 4.10 gears will make it quicker, but will slightly hurt fuel economy because the engine will run at higher rpm's.

I'd like to just add that if you crack the rear-end to change out gears, you might as well drop in a Ford T-lok differential ...

Nothing like the feel of a Posi rear end /// especially on wet pavement! :nice:

Its been my #1 favorite mod - - - - so far.

shooterm1 said:
I'd like to just add that if you crack the rear-end to change out gears, you might as well drop in a Ford T-lok differential ...

Nothing like the feel of a Posi rear end /// especially on wet pavement! :nice:

Its been my #1 favorite mod - - - - so far.

wat exactly does the t lok do

has anyone gotten anything from supersix? i was thinking about one of there power packs. they dont have specs listed for the 4.0 yet, but on the 3.8 on a stage 2 they claim 70hp. 70hp for 2000 bucks isnt that bad at all.

mattzts said:
has anyone gotten anything from supersix? i was thinking about one of there power packs. they dont have specs listed for the 4.0 yet, but on the 3.8 on a stage 2 they claim 70hp. 70hp for 2000 bucks isnt that bad at all.

Flapjack and Gash got heads from them. Flapjack also got a regrind cam from them.

On a sort of related note, I got a built block going in next week with lower compression pistions, valve springs and a block that will probably be around 4.1.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]For more power:
Intake and exhaust is where most people start. Not gonna be very noticeable.
Super/Turbocharing will get you the most power if you're willing to spend the $$$.

For more speed:
Changing the rear gears is the most cost effective way to improve acceleration.[/QUOTE]

This post is appearnt that you haven't had a V6 with a CAI and tune. There is tons of noticeable. Just in the throttle response alone. Wow for a founding member your knowledge leaves something to be desired!:bang: :owned: