Fox What is the hardest part you ever had to track down?

James V

5 Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
Currently looking for a steering hub bolt to attach my new hub. I took off the old air bag assembly and realized there was no bolt under there. Any ideas on how to find one?

And this made me think of what other parts are hard to find?

• Sponsors (?)

Or one of these without the clips broken:
602BF8CE-9C12-4884-B1F2-1A5AE0E620C2.png

And when you do, that’s the price they’re asking for a 6” round plastic circle!

Or one of these without the clips broken:
602BF8CE-9C12-4884-B1F2-1A5AE0E620C2.png

And when you do, that’s the price they’re asking for a 6” round plastic circle!

That was a tough one but stumbled across one in a scrapyard that was in a '87 T-Bird, so now have one. Probably got it for nothing with other parts as they don't care about plastic.

My personal...a hatch that isn't rusted out in the bottom seam. Went through three to get one that was worth fixing. I hate salt on the roads.

Reactions: 1 user
On a V8 car there is a brass fitting where the brake hard lines go to rubber over the rear end. When Ford still made this they were like $9. I found a NOS at a Ford dealer online, dude wanted $80 for it. I ended up laying under a car at a grown up junkyard and getting one for $5.

Joe

We need a place, other than the sales ads, for obscure little parts that another member may have, or need. I have two parts cars and some stupid stuff I just can't seem to give away. I'm sure there are others here with stuff stashed too.
maybe not.
definitely not stupid stuff like me.

I’m the same boat, can’t find it anywhere. I think I’m going to have just buy a whole hatch.

There’s a dude on eBay selling all 4 trims, he says he reconditioned for $210!! I found one and kit the guy wants $100 plus shipping. He says the lower needs to be straightened, waiting for him to send pics of it before I buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Right now, I need:

Good rear hatch glass with functional defrost. Mine had the defrost lines damaged when the window was removed during a repaint. I

Passenger side NOS headlight. I have the other 5 pieces NOS in boxes, but just need that 6th.

There’s a dude on eBay selling all 4 trims, he says he reconditioned for $210!! I found one and kit the guy wants $100 plus shipping. He says the lower needs to be straightened, waiting for him to send pics of it before I buy.

Yah, no way I would pay that. I can find complete hatches for less than 200. I’ve always toyed with the idea of an LX hatch on the GT

I have 4 if you need one.

Also just sold (I think, waiting for payment) a pair of Opal Gray rear shock covers, no broken tabs, $25 ….

I have lots of junk ;)

I fixed mine and it’s already in the car. Note, theses are only available as used. They’re not reproduced like most other Foxbody interior parts are.

There’s s single one of these covers on eBay now. It’s far from perfect and the seller wants $100 for it.