What is this Brothers Performance black box?

Booya

Jul 10, 2004
San Diego County
Hey hey - I bought a 2001 Cobra from a used car dealer in LA last weekend, and the car seems to have some good mods but I don't know what all is in it. Tonight, I was installing a gasket kit on the Steeda Tri-Ax when I found this black box near the shifter, kinda stuffed in the dash. It has a power wire coming off the cigarete lighter I think, and it has a Brothers Performance Warehouse sticker on it. Anybody know what this is? Here's a pic. Thanks.

BrothersBox.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Cavallo said:
HEY I POSTED FIRST !!!

WTF is going on !

I got bumped !

You guys were both fast as hell. I just posted that. I already figured out that the car has aftermarket gears 'cause Im at almost 3k RPMs at 80MPH. I was wondering if the speedo was correct or not. Cool. Thanks fellas.

Do you all know if I could use this to figure out what gears I have? Is there a setting inside it or anything? I have already used the online gear ratio calculator, but even though it seems I have 4.10s, the calculator doesn't show the same for all gears.

Open it up and look at the settings...Dallas mustang has an online settings page for theirs and it is the same as Brother's...or you can look to see what the dips are set on and maybe I can figure it out.

3 grand at 80 sounds like 4.10's. It doesn't look like you have larger wheels which is the only other way you would have a different rpm vs. MPH reading.

coramprat said:
Open it up and look at the settings...Dallas mustang has an online settings page for theirs and it is the same as Brother's...or you can look to see what the dips are set on and maybe I can figure it out.

3 grand at 80 sounds like 4.10's. It doesn't look like you have larger wheels which is the only other way you would have a different rpm vs. MPH reading.

i know it's a different tranny, but i'm at 3 grand at 90 mph with 4.10's :shrug:

c2see21 said:
i know it's a different tranny, but i'm at 3 grand at 90 mph with 4.10's :shrug:
Is that an auto? Man if that's the case then 4.10's on an auto is a no-brainer.

Technically I'm at 2900 at 80...

Off topic...c2see21...How did the Trickflow plenium and 70mm TB work out? I'm going with the same thing as soon as I do my intake swap.

coramprat said:
Is that an auto? Man if that's the case then 4.10's on an auto is a no-brainer.

Technically I'm at 2900 at 80...

Off topic...c2see21...How did the Trickflow plenium and 70mm TB work out? I'm going with the same thing as soon as I do my intake swap.

well see i was kinda wondering if i had 4.10's because the rev's were so low, compared to my last gt(98) with 4.10's(btw-it is a 5-speed). but i got underneath it & did the driveshaft/tires rotation thing & sure enough it went around 4 times :shrug: i'm kinda of confused :scratch:

& the trickflow plenum w/ 70 mm worked great. i put it on not really expecting to feel anything from it, but to my suprise, i actually felt a tq gain as soon it was on :D now that the longtubes are back on (long story) it feels like it pulles like a raped ape now :nice: