Fox What Kind And What Group Size Battery Is Everyone Running In Their Fox Body 5.0?

Benz510

Feb 19, 2016
Oakland California
Looking to replace my old group 58 battery. Was doing work that required my doors to stay open earlier today and it drained my battery after less than an hour with just the dome light draining power. The tray looks like it has room to accommodate a group 65 battery. Thinking of giving it a try.

Has anyone tried a group 65 in their fox with the stock battery tray? What are you running now? Trying to get ideas as I'm close to parking my ctsv up and making my fox my daily.

Thanks,
Ben

• Sponsors (?)

Group 58 Interstate Megatron is what my '87 GT had when I bought it. Outlasted the car. I moved it over to my '88 LX and it was still starting it when I sold it.

Looking to replace my old group 58 battery. Was doing work that required my doors to stay open earlier today and it drained my battery after less than an hour with just the dome light draining power. The tray looks like it has room to accommodate a group 65 battery. Thinking of giving it a try.

Has anyone tried a group 65 in their fox with the stock battery tray? What are you running now? Trying to get ideas as I'm close to parking my ctsv up and making my fox my daily.

Thanks,
Ben
I've been running a larger 65 size battery in my vert for 28 years now. Fits perfect and have never had an issue.

Odyssey 1200 Series.

Batt_zpsctyffbft.jpg