What kind/weight oil comes in a T-45 stock??

license2ill

May 7, 2003
What kind/weight fluid comes in a T-45 stock??

What brand/weight of transmission fluid comes in a T-45 stock. I need to know EXACTLY. Also, what weight is GM Syncromesh transmission fluid?? Thanks in advance for any replies. -JJ

• Sponsors (?)

Screw that, I found Royal Purple Syncromech works better then ATF.
Change 15K-25K miles max, CHEAP insurance

Smoother cold..........

And yes I have tried them all in T-5 trans with multible mileage.

Where do you pick up this royal purple? Also where can i go to have my tranny fluid changed? I got my car at 46k it now has 56 k I am not sure if the tranny fluid has been changed. I do know that changing gears is a pain in the neck some times. Hard to get it to go in to 2nd some times. A few peopel say it is the syncros messing up from when i really get on it. But i do not get on her that hard.

I've already put in GM Syncromesh and now I have a NASTY grind shifting into second. Put the stock shifter back on and no difference. Only things I did were put a Pro 5.0 on and replace the tranny fluid (with GM syncromesh) The car has had a 1-2 grind for a while although only when cold, but with the new stuff in the problem has only grown exponentially worse. That's why I NEED to know what kind of fluid or preferrably weight came in the tranny stock. The stuff that came out was more or less purple in color. Could it be Royal Purple?? Is that stuff even purple?

If you are running this: GM Syncromesh and are grinding, the tranny is toast......

The fluid in the tranny is not weighted like motor, gear oil.

Called good ole ATF.

So oil is not gonna stop the grind...........

Drained out the GM Syncromesh this morning and replaced it with three quarts of cheap Wal-Mart Mercon ATF mixed w/ three fluid ounces of GM Syncromesh. I also put the Pro 5.0 back on while I was at it. Just got back from taking the Stang out for a spin to warm everything up and mix up those two fluids together in the tranny, taking off in second gear all the time and being really easy on it. So far, So good. I will take it out after work today or tomorrow morning and report back the results. BTW - here is where I got the idea of draining out the Syncromesh in favor for the Wal-Mart stuff... http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21837&highlight=Mobil+T-45