What maf sensor should I have?

jgonz727

Oct 17, 2006
I'm running a stock 5.0 HO (automatic) with a A9P computer (E9ZF 12A650-C2A) but I'm not sure that I've got the correct maf sensor paired with it? Anyone know what it's supposed to be? My research has given me conflicting results.

Should it be E9ZF-12B579-AA? OR :shrug:
Should it be F1ZF 12B579-AA? OR :shrug:
Should it be E8Zf 12b579-AA? :shrug:

Thanks.

P.S. any recommendations on where I could purchase one inexpensively?

Thanks again.

• Sponsors (?)

the 88 unit (e8) has a specific connector on it, so don't run that without the same year harness, otherwise I believe you should be ok for all the other units.

All of the sensors you listed should be correct.
As Tengram mentioned... The first couple of digits indicate the year.
Most factory sensors seem to be marked as F1ZF, but any **ZF sensor should work with your computer.

I'm making an educated guess, but they should work.

jason

I'm not a MAF/MAS whiz like Jason but it seems to me that if the MAS and MAF housing are matched, that's what's important (this is something Jason helped me with some time back when I was tinkering with things).

Jgonz, you'd swap on the whole MAF and MAS assembly from the 94-95 Stang.

I'm not a MAF/MAS whiz like Jason but it seems to me that if the MAS and MAF housing are matched, that's what's important (this is something Jason helped me with some time back when I was tinkering with things).

Jgonz, you'd swap on the whole MAF and MAS assembly from the 94-95 Stang.

The importance of matching the MAF/MAS is crucial. The computer depends on this reading being accurate.

JT-
Did you ever figure anything out? I've been away for a while. :(

JT-
Did you ever figure anything out? I've been away for a while. :(

Jason, I'll PM or email you one of these days. :p I waited to message ya back so I wouldn't wear out my welcome (A good or bad idea, I'm not sure: I picked up a MAF tuner so I might be hosing with the transfer curve just to see what happens :D ). I'm just running a stock meter for right now (and it didn't change much of anything). Thank you for askin and I will get with ya one of these days here (after I get off my butt and do something to the car). :flag:

You shouldn't. The calibration for the '93 Cobra 70mm MAF is done in the unique Cobra computer. The sensor electronics are the same as the one in the normal 55mm 5.0 MAF. If you're still concerned though, you can sell your Cobra MAF to me :D I'm looking for one.

Just to update, I put on the F1ZF 12B579-AA mas and it's working great. Thank you guys for all your help on this. In light of the discussion of alternatives to this setup that I have, I'm now interested in upgrading. I'll keep reading if you guys keep posting.

Thanks again for all your input!:nice:

You shouldn't. The calibration for the '93 Cobra 70mm MAF is done in the unique Cobra computer. The sensor electronics are the same as the one in the normal 55mm 5.0 MAF. If you're still concerned though, you can sell your Cobra MAF to me :D I'm looking for one.

Ok , good deal , someone told me that 93 cobras used 24lb injectors and that i only have 19 , is this true ? The kid i got it from told me he had 19lb injectors , but who knows .Thanks in advance!

Just to update, I put on the F1ZF 12B579-AA mas and it's working great. Thank you guys for all your help on this. In light of the discussion of alternatives to this setup that I have, I'm now interested in upgrading. I'll keep reading if you guys keep posting.

Thanks again for all your input!:nice:

Nice, im running a maf from a 3.8L ford taurus with no problems just FYI

Ok , good deal , someone told me that 93 cobras used 24lb injectors and that i only have 19 , is this true ? The kid i got it from told me he had 19lb injectors , but who knows .Thanks in advance!

Yes, it's true. Rather than recalibrate the MAF for the 24s, SVT re-used the 19# sensor and made the conversion in the computer. Cobras don't use the A9L, they use the X3C, which amongst other things, allows the use of the 24# injectors with a 19# MAF.

I think Cobra's "do" have 24lbs injectors. Any what gains could you possibly get from going to a 94/95 set up? What size is it? Im tellin ya. Get an 80mm Maf and be done with it. They make a nice performance increase and have "0" idleing issues unlike the 75mm. You will need a CAI or power pipe. CAI's are a gimmic,power pipes makes proven power!

Yes, it's true. Rather than recalibrate the MAF for the 24s, SVT re-used the 19# sensor and made the conversion in the computer. Cobras don't use the A9L, they use the X3C, which amongst other things, allows the use of the 24# injectors with a 19# MAF.

I'm sorry if i sound dumb about this , but does that mean I can use the cobra MAF with my 19lb injectors , or do i need to swap to 24 lb?