What??? Mustang Hood Insulator

This may be a stupid question but anyone know why some of the hood pads are gray and some black? Anything to do with years or the reproductions were gray and originals black, etc? Curious...
It depends on how much Saki Wong Fong has had before he mixes the color......

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Price just went up again.
1,400 for an NOS pad now! Lol
Last months price was 1,300
He was selling it at Carlisle for 800.00
Hang tight - Reproductions will be coming I bet.
89813C1E-3267-4234-AD0C-E4AB111B77B3.png

There was a Ferrari dealer in Portland OR., years ago who artificially raised the price of Daytona's, buy advertising FAKE cars and had them listed as sold..
The daytona was the first Ferrari used in Miami Vice........

Why would NOS headlights be so wanted for a Fox Body??
In the Dodge world if the car is a HEMI or a six pack car, that would be a reason, but no options for a Boss 429 in the Fox Bodies....
From what I see these cars do not bring the money to make these parts desirable enough to pay ridiculous prices for them
Am I missing something here?????

Why would NOS headlights be so wanted for a Fox Body??

In a high-dollar build, some folks just want OEM quality vs china-made repop stuff. The biggest customers I imagine are 1993 cobra owners or Saleen owners where cars are selling for $50K and up. The OEM headlights are notorious for oxidizing and turning yellow, so it's hard to ask $75K for a low-mileage cobra with yellowed headlights. That crisp, clean clear headlight look does make a big difference IMHO

This might be a tad excessive however. But it is complete.

Last edited: