What Pizza Cutters would go with my car?

No I edited that typo within 2 minutes of posting. There were only 2 views on the thread when I changed it. :rlaugh:

I read your post as 3 sets as well, so that's why I was confused and said sell a complete set and buy a complete set. :p

In your case, I'd just keep running the 17X9's up front. That'd be an odd mismatch with skinnies up front and standard rims in the rear.

• Sponsors (?)

OT. Diablostang, Do you know where I would be able to get an extra set of the DD wheel like I have?
I can only find these wheels on eBay and the guys doest seem to want to sell anything but full sets.

Find a dealer for OE Replicas (That was the name of the company IIRC) and order 2 rears from them. Might be slightly more $$ than off eBay, but that's life. You plannin on DR's on the rear now?

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=OE+Replica+wheels&hl=en&btnG=Search+Froogle

A narrow stock 17in rim can be gone down to about the width of a skinny front...they are making 17in skinnies but I dont think those tires are cheap either. The look is kinda cool for a sleeper effect but you wont be THAT much weight savings over what a real drag skinny will save you.

I dont think the benifits either way are going to be cheap...but I would bet the bogart or prostar route would be alittle cheaper in the end.

See if the friend will hold onto the rims until you have the money? Unless its looking like 6mo+.

The bogarts require the 3" studs.... that will screw with my bullitts won't it? :shrug:

I read your post as 3 sets as well, so that's why I was confused and said sell a complete set and buy a complete set. :p

In your case, I'd just keep running the 17X9's up front. That'd be an odd mismatch with skinnies up front and standard rims in the rear.

Sorry about that. I did have 3 sets on there originally, that's my first reaction to type. I think I even did it again later. :p

I think I'll keep an eye out for some skinnies to borrow. I've never run them on my car, and I drive a ways to the track. Not to big on changing all 4 tires when I get there, and trying to haul all of them.

IIRC with skinnies if tech wants to get nit-picky your supposed to run studs (or at least will need too) that length to get the proper amount of thread with an open style lug nut on bogarts or prostars. The thickness of the center hub preaty much means a longer stud is needed...it is safer.

The stud thing is my kinda hangup with the TTII's...I am going to go hardend studs but am looking at diff. type of lug nuts for the street rims. Either a deeper (or longer) chrome lug nut to go on the longer stud or some kind of nice looking open lug. I dont think it would take too much away from the looks...maybe look alittle "wow...kinda mean looking".

In the end the studs are just safer and better all around for the cost.

I think I'm going to concentrate on the front struts... I have the Strange 10-way adj. shocks now. We'll see how it does at the track, then worry about skinnies.

The Summit Stars might be the way I go though.

Bringing this back from the dead. My g/f has latched on to my bullitts for her 95 GT. :D

So now I have two questions:

1. Do I have to go to 3" studs to use Summit's 15x4 ProStars in the front and 15x8 in the rear? I would like to be able to switch back and forth depending on what event comes up.

2. Anyone have pics of Prostars powdercoated they can share? I'm thinking about keeping the black theme.

Bringing this back from the dead. My g/f has latched on to my bullitts for her 95 GT. :D

So now I have two questions:

1. Do I have to go to 3" studs to use Summit's 15x4 ProStars in the front and 15x8 in the rear? I would like to be able to switch back and forth depending on what event comes up.

2. Anyone have pics of Prostars powdercoated they can share? I'm thinking about keeping the black theme.

You don't have to use 3" studs. They will fit just fine either way. I do recommend getting the proper mag lugs though. Some people will run lugs with a 1.310" shank, but a 1.6" shank goes all the way to the bottom, which reduces a lot of tortional stress on the stud. There isn't a 3" stud available for the front, because the shank diameter is something like .582" which is an odd size. You have to have the bearing plate on the front drilled to the bigger size which is a PITA.

Kurt

I had to grind about a 1/4" off the frames. The calipers will clear with a spacer. I would just spend the money on a slightly larger spacer. The aerospace brakes don't clear much better. I have to run a spacer with those too.

Kurt