What should I get next?

94GTCoupe

10 Year Member
May 7, 2006
CA
i'll be wrapping up my 1/4 panel install today.
now it's time too look to my next upgrade.

last night i ordered a 3.73 FRPP ring ang pinion from americanmuscle.com.
i got it for $137 w/installation kit:D
they gave me a $75 gift card for writing an install guide for the foglights i installed on my car last month.
i used that and our discount code.

i was thinking exhaust,what do you guy's think?

1994-1995 Mustang 5.0L GT 1-5/8" Shorty Unequal Length Headers (Chrome) [ BBK1525 ] from Brothers Performance Warehouse

1994-1995 Mustang 5.0L GT High-Flow Off-Road H-Pipe [ BBK1562 ] from Brothers Performance Warehouse

i just passed the smog test,so i wont have to worry about that for another 2 years.

right now,i have the stock headers and h-pipe,with a flowmaster american thunder catback.

would have liked to have gotten the SLP loudmouth,but i think the most bang for the buck would be the headers/h-pipe.

will i have any problems with the off road h-pipe?
and will the EGR tube bolt right up to the BBk header?

thank's guy's,
:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Just my experience, but that BBK off road h never fit right on my car. Do a search, others have had similar problems. I ditched it and went with a Mac, fits much better. However, I'm sure other people have put it on with no problem.

Good Luck

The headers and H will free up a lot of horses and the EGR should bolt right up since the headers are year specific. But the pic doesn't show it so I would call and ask them. The only bad thing about the headers is that the chrome will eventually start to peel. But the car will have a totally different sound just from losing the cats.

Go for it!!

I don't know how serious you are about your quest for power :shrug:

But if you're gonna go h/c/i ............

I'd do the intake now :D

As for exhaust ... I'd strongly advise LT's over shortys :nice:

You gotta make up your mind as it makes a diff in the mid pipe ;)

Now ... if you say you are gonna go PA :shrug:
then
LT's are not as critical as they are when NA :Word:

I have such a prob with exhaust mods cause they offer so small
of a gain in power when you are stock or close to stock :( :notnice:

Grady

I would go for the o/r h pipe to get the cats out of the way. I dont see headers helping much as our cars have a decent flowing stock style header. I did buy the BBK chrome shorties though and the EGR does bolt right up (I learned by doing it that the headers didnt give me a gain anyway). My headers turned blue after a couple heat cycles, but no peeling so far and they are about a year and half old.

thanks for the replys,guys:nice:

grady-i'm not going for max power,just a good daily driver:)
i'll be going with an explorer intake and gt40 heads,got everything needed,less gaskets.
i'm going to use the "powered by ford"valve covers frome an 86(?) mustang.
but first i need to check the clearences of the EGR valve and throttle body,i picked those up cheap at the JY.
i'll be mocking it all up on my spare block at home,once it all fits than i'll re-ring and install new bearings and slap it in the stang:nice:

as for the LT's,i'm a little concerned with the ground clearence.
also,are the LT's legal in California?

i know the o/r h-pipe is not legal,but it would be a little easier to swap out when it's time for the sniffer test.

again,thanks for the replys.
and i welcome more suggestions/comments.
:SNSign:

I now understand a bit more about your plans Harvey :nice:

A few thoughts about LT's :)

Yes ... I understand about the legal issues being in CA :bang:

LT's really do make a difference in your low/mid range :Word:

Now ... An interesting thing that is hard to believe about LT's :eek:

A while back ... A bunch of us took measurements from the same
reference point and found LT's hung no lower than the typical
shorty based exhaust system.

We are talking aobout the typical BBK or Mac LT's ;)
not
Kooks or any of the speciality offerings :nono:

If you go for the shortys I'd not go equal length

As for the mid pipe .........

I like the old school ... muscle car sound of the h pipe :banana:
then again
I also liked the sound of my JBL shortys and Bassani catted x pipe :spot:

Grady

i'm with you on the h-pipe,Grady.

that's interesting about the LT's.the pictures i've seen of some make them look super close to the ground.

i heard the equal length's were a PITA to install.

i've decided on the bbk un-equal length's and o/r h-pipe,not sure if i'm going to get a mac or bbk.i'll take a look around online.

think i'll order something this week.

BTW,i finished my 1/4 panel today,i'll post pictures over in tech later on.

right now,it's time for a jack and pepsi while i relax:D

i'm with you on the h-pipe,Grady.

that's interesting about the LT's.the pictures i've seen of some make them look super close to the ground.

i heard the equal length's were a PITA to install.

i've decided on the bbk un-equal length's and o/r h-pipe,not sure if i'm going to get a mac or bbk.i'll take a look around online.

think i'll order something this week.

BTW,i finished my 1/4 panel today,i'll post pictures over in tech later on.

right now,it's time for a jack and pepsi while i relax:D

Equal Lengths are not that hard to install I did it on my cobra in about 4 hours

I used to have the bbk off road H pipe on mine it fit pretty good but I took it off after i got my catted hiw flow H pipe its just sitting in my back yard its in pretty good condition it only has about 10,000 miles on it