what size wheel needed to clear 03 Cobra front brake conversion? 17"?

Jun 12, 2009
florida
my front brakes are 03 Cobra's. as some of you know from my wheels ??? threads, I am going to be getting new wheels in the next week or two. I had 18x9 bullits before & they cleared the brakes just fine. I am wanting to go with 17's but I am wondering if they will clear my front brakes. these are the wheels I am considering: 17" Fits Fits Mustang (R) Cobra Style Replica Wheels -Black-Rivets-Deep Lip Tires 17x9-17x10.5-SET

Mustang 94-04 Fr500 Wheel & Tire Package, Black, 17X9/17X10.5 - Mounted & Balanced at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

I am hoping somebody has one of these wheels sets with cobra brakes or something similar & can give me an answer as to whether or not 17's will clear the brakes. Thanks

Joey

• Sponsors (?)

what made me wonder was when I took my 18's off to sell them, I had a set of 05 GT wheels just sitting so I threw them on there just so I could get it back on the ground. I had to take the calipers off for the front ones to fit, the caliper hit the spokes. I know the 05 backspacing is different but it made me wonder if the new 17's would clear them.

what made me wonder was when I took my 18's off to sell them, I had a set of 05 GT wheels just sitting so I threw them on there just so I could get it back on the ground. I had to take the calipers off for the front ones to fit, the caliper hit the spokes. I know the 05 backspacing is different but it made me wonder if the new 17's would clear them.

S197s have a smaller offset.