what spark plug can i use on the gt40p heads with stock pistons? and anything else

natestang5.0

May 10, 2006
what spark plug can i use on the gt40p heads with stock pistons? Thanks and do i use the stock 5.0 mustang headgaskets? and is there anything else i should know. I am putting them on tomorrow. i am trying to make it to where i don't hafto hitch a ride to the parts store after i tear it apart.

• Sponsors (?)

Yep felpro headgaskets for a 5.0 will work fine.
To simplify things, Just ask for plugs for a 97+ explorer v8, just try and stay away from the platinum plugs.

You will probaly have to go to the parts store after you tear it down, you most likely run into broken vacuum lines, and other minor problems.
good luck

ask for plugs for a 98 explorer 5.0 motor.

Stock is the Autolite 764, that is what I bought for my gt40p heads. Some people go with the motorcraft, they are the same plug but on the motorcraft, the whole side is threaded, and on the autolite only half of the spark plug is threaded.

I have non p heads, So I ask for 93-95 cobra plugs, and the 764's will come up on the computer, they are cheap so thats what i run as well, obviously they work with p heads too.

Yes 98 explorer would be more specific, since most 97's came with non p's.