What tank to use when switching to fuel inj w/ return line?

95RedCobra

Aug 7, 2008
Thinking I would like to pick up a Powerjection 3 fuel injection system sometime soon. Would probably go with the standard return style fuel system instead of their Fuel on Demand return-less fuel system.

The one thing I am not sure about, though, is how to connect the return fuel line back to the tank. I have seen where people have modified the fuel pick-up area to add another connection for the return line. I have also heard that you can connect the return line to the drain plug of the tank.

Is there a drop-in tank available that already has a fitting for a return line? Do I need one with a sump to keep the system self-priming?

• Sponsors (?)

Ron Morris sells them. It's simply installed in place of original tank sendind unit.

http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com...ore_Code=rmp&Category_Code=Fuel_Sending_Units

9112.jpg

Attachments

• 9112.jpg
    9112.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 109
Definitely use the Ron Morris Piece. You can easilly find an external fuel pump, just pay careful attention to it's mounting location. Run new fuel lines with all parts, and connections that will take the higher fuel pressure. Cannibalize a newer car if you can.

This way you keep the stock look and stealth!