what the hell buffalo bob

when i purchased my 90 vert a year and a half ago my intentions was a nice driver with some go parts and some show parts.to this end i have assembled a decent engine with cobra upper and lower,edelbrock heads,exhaust,mass air,t/b,and a 5spd conversion.this took care of the go.(the 4.10's didnt hurt either).now when it came to show i installed bbk springs,now ditched for motorsport b springs,chrome cobra r's,saleen wing,cobra grille insert, and black interior.here is the problem.when i bought the car it had only 72,000 original miles.this car was extremely tight.no rattles or noises.now the car has 76,500 and it rattles,shakes,on some days it feels smooth on others it feels like a bowl of well you know.is this common am i crying the convertible blues.non of my hard tops had this problem.i have even installed a stut tower brace and double cross subframes.what gives.your advice is appreciated.:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

76K miles or not.. It's still 16 years old. My 90 has less creeks and rattles then my 03 Saturn (GM POS), but it still makes some noises (all in the dash). If you want nice and quiet... get a Lexus :)

jeremey thomas said:
i have even installed a stut tower brace and double cross subframes.what gives.your advice is appreciated.:bang:

Damn, those worked pretty great on my convertible. :shrug:

Try WD40 on the convertible frame links. Sparingly though. :nice:

check my car out on car domain.but you have to picture it with chrome cobra r's cause thats whats on it now.think i may have found part of the problem.my hpm subframe connectors were installed without cutting the small braces at the rear of the subframes.i noticed that they welded the subs to the factory braces that are popriveted to the car.seems to me that installed this way instead of to the actual subframe it would flex more.