What tires should i get?

04gtdrop

Jun 10, 2005
Sac, CA
ok, its about time for some new tires, i didnt notice it until about 2 days ago. But my tires are running out of tread really fast.

right now i got some sumatumo tires on stock 03-04 cobra rims.

I need some help picking out new tires, i must say that these tires stuck better than the stock one's. but im looking for a really good name brand.

Who makes good tires? :shrug: also

where should i get them from and about how much should i expect to pay for them? thanks SN ! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I would check with discounttiredirect.com or tirerack.com for pricing. Also tirerack.com has a comparison of different tires to help you decide. There are many good tires out there and most are much better than the stockers. I can only say go with the best tire you can afford. Cost does not always depict which is best though but some investigating from the tirerack.com tests will help. I think R&T magazine did a fairly good test recently of the top brands.

BF Goodrich KDW2s hook really well on dry roads and hold very strong in the rain as well. The tread pattern looks awesome too. :nice: At tirerack I paid $230 for the rears at 295/35/18 and $210 for the fronts at 275/35/18.

I think I'm going with the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. Car and Driver rated it it's top performance tire. I've got the G-force KDW's (traditional tread, not like those mentioned above) and they're an awesome tire when they're new but they're a little noisy. I'll either go with those or the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. I used to have a friend at Michelin North America and she said the Pilot Sports were designed with Mustangs in mind. Expensive as all get out, but we'll see. I'm down to those two. RAT posted this article for me the other day and it was helpful - http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=10252&page_number=1

Good luck in your search.

I'd definately go with the Goodyear GS-D3's.

I used to have the BFG KDW's, but I just recently switched to 285/35/18 Goodyear GS-D3's and they blow the BFG's outta the water!

Traction is great, wet or dry.. tread pattern looks awesome as well! :D

A bit pricey, but if you've got the extra cash for them then i'd highly recommend them

Put a drag radial under that and forget about worrying about traction. No comparison compared to regular radial, huge difference. They aren't as bad on DD that people will make you think.

Nitto- best for daily driver, and in rain, decent wear

BFG- Good in between race, and street, only last about 6000miles

M/T- Will hook like a mother,will wear fast, and not so good in the rain

1ba96gt said:
Put a drag radial under that and forget about worrying about traction. No comparison compared to regular radial, huge difference. They aren't as bad on DD that people will make you think.

Nitto- best for daily driver, and in rain, decent wear

BFG- Good in between race, and street, only last about 6000miles

M/T- Will hook like a mother,will wear fast, and not so good in the rain
I just ordered my nitto dr's and should be here in a few days. Let u know how they are for a DD. Got them from discount tires...living here in HI, the shipping killed me though. Would have ordered from tire rack (they dont carry nittos) cause their shipping is the cheapest around. Wonder why they dont carry nittos.:shrug:

I just bought a set of these. Fuzion ZRi's

bridgestone_fuzion_lg.jpg

They should be here next Wednesday. They were rated very highly by customer review and the price is certainly right. I got them here http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Fuzion&tiremodel=ZRi :nice:

Attachments

• bridgestone_fuzion_lg.jpg
    bridgestone_fuzion_lg.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 35
I'm riding on the GoodYear Eagle F1 GS-D3s right now. I love them. The first thing I noticed with them is that I couldn't break them loose near as easy as the last two sets of tires I've owned. They handle great and there is no more noise then stock. Funny, I usually get compliments on my car but one day I was at a Shell station and this guy says to my girlfriend, "Hot tires for a hot car"... She didn't even have a clue about my tires but mentioned it to me when I came out of the store.