What turbos would you guys go with for big power

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Lol yo I know I have to change the block but you see how you got attitude if you would have said “I don’t think the block will hold you’ll have to change it” I would’ve said thank like I have will every other person that has been helpful and not rude. You guys need to fix you :poo: before coming at me for having an “attitude” and being a “20 year old” go back see if I was rude to someone who did give me :poo: right for the start when if im a “20 year old” and probably don’t know much yet you could just be cool and not dicks
Idk joe but I’m definitely a newb and need any help I can get lol . I just ask that your chill with me and I’ll be chill with you. If that makes me seem like an ass I’m sorry that just the way I am. I’m not gonna take :poo: from anyone.

And what would 500hp cost me as well? Let me know what other information you need. I appreciate the help

$10k and that does not include chassis, brakes, or suspension.

This is assuming you want "Fast" and "Reliable". If you want "Cheap", you will have to give up one of those completely, or huge chunks of the other two.

Joe was the "Cheap" and "Fast" guy. Likely the reason why his cars never held together.

Reactions: 1 user
$10k and that does not include chassis, brakes, or suspension.

This is assuming you want "Fast" and "Reliable". If you want "Cheap", you will have to give up one of those completely, or huge chunks of the other two.

Joe was the "Cheap" and "Fast" guy. Likely the reason why his cars never held together.
That was not very magical...the 500 hp goal question was answered at like reply #5.
Somebody please post a pic of a GT-45. He wants to have a 200.00 chunk of aluminum sitting on his shelf in his bedroom so he can show the Xbox homies.
Aww never mind,...ill do it.

That was not very magical...the 500 hp goal question was answered at like reply #5.
Somebody please post a pic of a GT-45. He wants to have a 200.00 chunk of aluminum sitting on his shelf in his bedroom so he can show the Xbox homies.
Aww never mind,...ill do it.

I didn't think that the fake dump valve would but it all by itself. :shrug:

The motor I suggest was just supporting mods for the dump valve.

@Treycot37
Ok, lets try this, I'm going to give you an assignment, search the forums here ( and other places too) for turbo cars, when searching outside stangnet be specific or you'll get ricer stuff, that will give you an idea of what it takes to do a turbo car and what types of turbos they are using and what was done to not only make it go but also handle the power safely. You are young enough to learn what it will take to build a powerful, safe ride.
I hope you realize that what you see as members here being smart asses are really attempts at 'stangnet humor' to open questions that beg to be poked at. Several of the members here have already built a turbo car, some have done several,
Let me add that this is not facepage, I would like to see you stay as a member, but you need to lighten up.
or you can google 'rotson' that is a Roadkill episode where two magazine hacks have a ball sticking a turbo off a 7.3 on a 5.0, it was fun but a hack job that only lasts a couple minutes at a time before they break something else

41TO6kgGiwL.jpg

Here ya go. Exact same turbo I got on the engine in my car. More than enough to cause your stock block to fail.
Impress you friends, and be the envy of your adversaries for the bargain basement price of 278.
Amazon product ASIN B013FEVYHUView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013FEVYHU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Winner
Okay okay thanks. Quick question is that if I do all the work myself?
Yup . I’ve done it all myself multiple times and have spent way more then that . Do it right or don’t do it at all . There’s always money to do it twice so why not do it once the first time .

I'll do a quick break down.
$6500 for a dart block. If you have to ask, no you should not build it.
$4000 for a transmission and clutch
$3500 (at least) for the heads/cam/intake
$2000 for the fuel system
$1500 for a completely rebuild rear
$2000 for brakes
$1500 for wheels and tires
$2500 for the suspension
$6000 for a good turbo kit

None of that includes labor other than the short block.

So, if you are sitting on 30 G's and have the skill set, might as well get started.
If you get some crazy idea about sticking twin turbo's on a stock engine, be prepared to blow head gaskets and have oil blowing out of every orifice. And if those things don't happen you are sure to blow up the trans assuming that you don't wreck the car because your suspension and brakes suck.

My advice? Do the brakes and suspension first. The car will be fun, safe and reliable to drive. Then start on the drivetrain.

Noobz, can't remember Joe's username, but I will say that I thought he kept us entertained for a while. You know what they say about train wreck's and not looking away...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Noobz, can remember Joe's username, but I will say that I thought he kept us entertained for a while. You know what they say about train wreck's and not looking away...

I wonder if his account got scooped up in one of the past SN disasters :chin:

Also: It just dawned on me that nobody has shown this poor soul the Dyno thread.

Good place to start in order to see what's possible with various combos.

• Agree
I'll do a quick break down.
$6500 for a dart block. If you have to ask, no you should not build it.
$4000 for a transmission and clutch
$3500 (at least) for the heads/cam/intake
$2000 for the fuel system
$1500 for a completely rebuild rear
$2000 for brakes
$1500 for wheels and tires
$2500 for the suspension
$6000 for a good turbo kit

None of that includes labor other than the short block.

So, if you are sitting on 30 G's and have the skill set, might as well get started.
If you get some crazy idea about sticking twin turbo's on a stock engine, be prepared to blow head gaskets and have oil blowing out of every orifice. And if those things don't happen you are sure to blow up the trans assuming that you don't wreck the car because your suspension and brakes suck.

My advice? Do the brakes and suspension first. The car will be fun, safe and reliable to drive. Then start on the drivetrain.

Noobz, can't remember Joe's username, but I will say that I thought he kept us entertained for a while. You know what they say about train wreck's and not looking away...
Okay thanks for the breakdown. Now I have a gage on the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.