Engine What Valve covers fit the trickflow heads and rockers without modification ?

I have the Trickflow upper end kit with everything but the valve covers. After rehashing my love for the car I realized that the stock left valve cover is busted.
Can I run carb valve covers without modifications?

What brand and model number fit the EFI engines without modifications? I really don't want to drill and grind on something I just spent $300 on.

Thanks- James

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Most roller rockers require some extra clearance. I believe even the stock covers require removal of an internal baffle. Several aftermarket "tall" covers work but often require an upper intake manifold spacer which in turn may interfere with a stock hood. It did on my 86. Sorry I don't know about the carb covers but shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Place the covers on the heads with out bolting them down, have someone bump, not start the engine, and see if the rocker hits the covers. If the covers are not bolted down they will just bounce up if hit by a rocker. You could also cycle the engine over with a breaker bar if your want to go a litle slower.

Had to grind a few bosses in the cover, and remove the baffle, but still needed a 3/8 spacer to clear. I wanted it to fit under the stock hood.

D7CEFB20-7488-45F5-947D-BDFF833AB8E6.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry for the lack of information, I have a 1” spacer and an aftermarket hooD so height isn’t an issue. I purchased these about 5 minutes ago. They look similar to Mustang5L5s covers