What would cause the rear passenger side to sag?

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
Its sagging pretty bad. I jaccked it up and took the wheel off to see if I could see anything wrong, but I didnt notice anything except for the fact that i need new tires. When I lowered it back down it didnt seem to be sagging as much. :shrug:

So do I have a bad shock? I hope so. Ive been hoping to do some suspension upgrades.

• Sponsors (?)

You can sometimes score rear springs on the classifieds for a decent price.

It sounds like a tweaked unibody or spring issue to me. It's normal for the suspension to sit high after jacking [till it's jounced].

Good luck.

also check your spring isolaters, its possible one of them has gone bad or the spring rubbed through it. maybe try removing them and see if it sits any better.

if thats the problem u can either leave them out or get a new set

also check your spring isolaters, its possible one of them has gone bad or the spring rubbed through it. maybe try removing them and see if it sits any better.

if thats the problem u can either leave them out or get a new set

Agreed could be isolaters, if not just get some eibach springs or something. Also dont go off what it looks like, measure the curb height at each corner and they should be within half an inch of eachother. Then you will know for sure if it really is lower on that side then the others, so like I said dont go off what it looks like, could just be chasing an issue that doesnt exist.

I dont need to measure it to see its sagging. Ive has some people tell me that it was sagging. Its a good inch or more lower. Ill see if I can get a pic for you guys.

Its REAL bad and VERY noticable. I need new shocks anyway so Ill get some and if it still sags then Ill get new isolators and put my stock springs in and see what it does. If it sits level then ill be looking for some new rear springs.

I forgot whom we're dealing with. Eric, make sure the dead body in the trunk is centered. :D

One more quick check: ensure the pigtail for both springs is facing the drivers side. I played around with rotating springs and got a bit of height change.

One more thing to consider: if needed, there are spring perch shims out there (Global West sells them; I think Steeda does or did). It's a bandaid fix but it might help.

Ok apparently there was a semi-nude fully grown man bound with duct tape in my trunk.

untitled45.jpg

And i think I have a bad isolator. It looks like a HUGE difference but its not that much.

What would happen if I just took them out on both sides?