whats a cheap way to get more HP?

slvrgt

May 17, 2005
i just got $500 to spend on some parts, is there any thing i can do to get more hp in that price range?, already have a cold air kit, off road H and flowmasters

• Sponsors (?)

2001sleeper said:
do gears or some springs and sub-frame connectors, no point in cams this early in the game for you

:rolleyes: it's as good a time as any. as far as cam install prices it varies quite a bit, mainly having to do with if you get valve springs, but expect anywhere from 375 - 1000 bux. with that being said i'd get gears with that money

2001sleeper said:
why do cams when you have no idea if you want to stay n/a or go with a blower at one point? :shrug:
people typically want to match thier cams with thier laundry list of mods

o, im 16 so i dont think i can afford it, ill look in to the gears

definately gears for some serious sotp gains. 410s are great, i have no complaints at all, really woke the car up for an early mod. Nitrous? are you partial to the giggle gas? cant go wrong there with the horsepower to cost ratio. i wouldnt worry about cams, especially now, unless of you can get some porting on your heads or some stage 2.5s from mph. Those are supposed to be the best for NA.

Stangsgrl said:
maybe a li'l over $500...throttle body & plenum & pulleys. I did 'em both at the same time and noticed a bit of difference. :nice: Haven't dynoed it yet though.

I just talked to Dallas Mustang and thats what they recommended too, so i think ill do that

slvrgt said:
I just talked to Dallas Mustang and thats what they recommended too, so i think ill do that

i noticed a nicer throttle response after I had 'em done. :) The difference after my gears was nice too (it felt a lot lighter, for the first few days). Either way it'll be a li'l more fun to drive! :nice: