whats everyones daily driver?

95StocK50

Dec 19, 2002
Idaho
Looking for a daily driver because of these insane gas prices. And just a hunch but I don't think the 392 will get to good of gas mileage. I was thinking of like new nissan ser, wrx, or just find a beater honda civic.

thanks guys

nathan

• Sponsors (?)

Acura CL Type-S (in my sig)

I bought it last year to replace my 2000 Taurus. I wanted something that was funner to drive day to day. Cant argue with Honda reliability, and 260hp in a daily driver makes it at least not slow. I've been getting a consistent 27-28mpg combined lately. :hail2:

94 GT
In a year or so I was also planning on getting a new daily driver (so the real fun could begin with the GT). Gas mileage will be a concern, but is only part of my everchanging criteria, with sporty being numero uno. Some more suggestions you might want to check out: Mazda 6s, Honda Prelude SH, Acura RSX, '95-'97 M3. None of those are really beater cars, and if that is what you are looking for you can't go wrong with a used accord, civic, corolla, ect. The CL typeS with the m6 is an excellent all around choice for gas, luxury, performance, reliability and practicality (and low mileage [20k-30k] are around $17k here). The IS300 is also nice, but I'd check on the prospective insurance costs for any vehicle you decide on before purchasing it :nonono: Sort of ruins many good choices.
My .03 cents :)

well, since I live in Bellevue :rlaugh:, and have a nicely paying job, and generous parents, I have my mustang (daily driver, screw gas prices :rlaugh:), a 1992 Taurus GL w/ a 100+dB sound system :rlaugh: laughing again:D, and in the process of closing a deal on a 150K+ miles "pimped" civic... w/ a big ass spoiler to keep the trunk closed (but before ya'll flame me, the spoiler is practical!, the latch for the trunk is legitimately broken :rlaugh:) so, yeah, I say, unless you race it weekly, buy gas at Costco, or Safeway... (although, the additives Costco puts in their 92octane is comparable to 76 gas :D)

2001 Nissan Sentra SE with Performance Package.. 5 sp. Featuring the famous SR20DE engine. :D I get about 350 miles to 12 gallons. My buddy has a 2002 SE-R Spec V 6sp. with the QR25DE. He gets about 300 to 12 gallons.

My daily driver????? Oh yeah, its a '95 Laser Red Mustang :rlaugh: .

Okay enough smart @$$ :D . The Hyundai's are good. Just swapped out the wife's Durango for a Santa Fe. Can't beat that 10yr/100k mile drivetrain, 5yr/60k mile bump to bump warranty :nice: . Also, Hyundai is building a factory in Alabama I think :shrug: Somewhere in the Southern states :shrug: Going to employ some Americans :flag: .

2002 Ford Escape V6. Very comfortable and reliable and with 200hp, it goes enough when I need it to.

Before that, I drove a 1995 Ford Probe GT 5spd for a few years. While this car was a blast to drive and pretty quick for stock (mid 15's), it was not the most comfortable and had more problems the more miles I put on it.

99 dakota,what a pig though it's as bad as the cobra w/4.10's . probably going with my buddy's wife's car it's a 90' diesel jetta no horses lots of torque and 40+mpg he only want's $1500 for it. or i was possibly thinking of street legalizing my 440ex lol.

This for now....03 s10 4.3.......gas mileage isn't the greatest but they are reliable.

f90d6e4a.jpg

95StocK50 said:
Looking for a daily driver because of these insane gas prices. And just a hunch but I don't think the 392 will get to good of gas mileage. I was thinking of like new nissan ser, wrx, or just find a beater honda civic.

thanks guys

nathan

Check the sig...those are the vehicles we own and drive...excluding our golf cart, which BTW is MODDED :lol: It has a black body, chrome rims, bigger carburetor, larger exhaust, and will run every bit of 30 mph...our golf course HATES us :lol:

I drive the Marauder every day. The wife drives her truck every day, and the Notch is our weekend/toy type deal.

Sir Hacksalot

my daily driver is my 94 GT :nice: but i do have a beater and it's a 93 Ranger that recently died (170k miles) :bang: , but now my car is about to go in the shop to get the crate motor in, so i'll be forced to drive my mom's Eclipse GT Syder :nonono:

My daily driver is an '02 ford focus ZX3 auto, and we have a '02 Ford Escape XLT 4X4. I LOVE the focus, it s a really fun car to drive though it is seriously lacking in power. It handles AWESOME and gets on average 29mpg, with a best of 35. I don't think 29mpg is bad concidering I drive it 700 miles or so a week and make about 20 stops a day in city driving. I plan on keeping it until it dies then I'll do the 5.0L swap in it!!! The escape is an AWESOME vehicle too, its got a good bit of get up and go.. I ran a 16.6 at 82mph in it (I think it'd take the saturn Vue despite what was listed above) :) It goes EVERYWHERE in the snow since its FWD and the rear wheels kick in when needed, and I get 20-21mpg in it. I absolutely love it.

Depending on what happens in the near future (my wife wants to start a family) our next vehicle might be a used honda S2000 or an audi TT convertible for her, or an infinity G35 coupe for us (me!). If the family thing starts sooner than expected, I will be looking for something a little bigger than the escape... maybe the ford freestyle or an explorer. I LOVE the new dodge magnum though too... but its a dodge.

attachment.php

I absolutely love this car. It only weighs about 2100lbs and has 102 hp. I get 38 city and 45 highway for milage.

It's small, but will carry 4 people very comfortably. Last week I had 3 other people in the car with me and one of them actually told me that when he saw the car he was worried, but once he got in he was surprised at how much rear seat room there was. Plus, I can fold down the rear seats and put TONS of stuff in the hatch. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a good cheap daily driver. Civics can be modified/fixed for really cheap too.

Low mass is it's own reward.