Whats the difference between a 94 GT and Cobra?

• Sponsors (?)

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
its got the same TB as the GT....

and about the computer...THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE 94-95 COMPUTER....both the GT and the Cobra eec's are better than the Fox program, the fox program is just easier to work with....

Anthony

actually the cobra computer is not the same as the GT

and it dumps fuel at a certain speed :notnice:

the cobra also has oil cooler lines which require a smog delete [pulley while the GTs can just run the short belt.

I think i have heard of someoen doing it without though. :shrug:

if you want heads cam, get a GT

a cobra is a good base if you want to slap a power adder with descent boost on and boltons and call it good night:spot:

95snoozer said:
spoiler
v6 bumper
bigger brakes
1.7 crane roller rockers
gt40 heads
cobra intake
bigger TB
crap computer
cobra seats
24 pound injectors
leather shift knob and boot
cobra wheels
cobra bumper
emblems

since when do 94 and 95 cobras have special cobra seats? they have the same seats as a gt

95snoozer said:
actually the cobra computer is not the same as the GT

and it dumps fuel at a certain speed :notnice:

the cobra also has oil cooler lines which require a smog delete [pulley while the GTs can just run the short belt.

I think i have heard of someoen doing it without though. :shrug:

if you want heads cam, get a GT

a cobra is a good base if you want to slap a power adder with descent boost on and boltons and call it good night:spot:
i thought the EEC itself was the same, just a different program??? maybe im wrong...

Anthony

i like the cobra as a base because of it better breaks, and better rocker arms and sway bars....also if you do add H/C/I you have parts worth money to sell to us GT owners. The cobra front bumper is much nicer too....but i think the cobra is a better buy becuase just slap a turbo kit on and you a 400+rwhp beast

Once you have the Cobra you won't regret it. If you want to really mod it though you'll sometimes wonder why you didn't just get a GT. If you're going to leave it pretty mild, that's in favor of the Cobra. Plus there's the exclusitivity. When people ask what the SVT means, you can be proud to educate them. Good luck either way.

cb18201 said:
since when do 94 and 95 cobras have special cobra seats? they have the same seats as a gt
My faulty memory tells me that the Cobras had special magnesium seat frames and adjustable everything. I really don't want to dig that old article out of the box.

I want to emphasize the Cobras' unique brakes and suspension, and little drivetrain issues like phosphated tranny gears and the limited slip diffy. It will cost a bunch to upgrade that GT to Cobra-spec brakes.
(And I like the Cobra suspension for going really fast).

Touring23 said:
My faulty memory tells me that the Cobras had special magnesium seat frames and adjustable everything. I really don't want to dig that old article out of the box.

I want to emphasize the Cobras' unique brakes and suspension, and little drivetrain issues like phosphated tranny gears and the limited slip diffy. It will cost a bunch to upgrade that GT to Cobra-spec brakes.
(And I like the Cobra suspension for going really fast).
limited slip diffy?...if your talking about the traction loc the GT has the same thing....limited slip just means that when going around a turn the outside wheel spins a little faster to help keep the car from sliding around...the GT and Cobra have the same trac-loc....and the Cobra does have a slightly better suspension but its not like its light years ahead of the GT....

Anthony

OK VIPERn94Five-0 I wasn't sure whether the Trac-Loc was standard on the GT, but thanks for writing some fifty words to correct it.

And furthermore, I didn't say the suspension was better and I didn't use the term "light years" and you, my friend, have taken more of my time than necessary for such a simple matter.

$800.00 you can have the bullet brake set up.... 13" front rotors, 11.65" rear rotors. Not too bad if you ask me. Basically the same thing as the cobra brakes just with running horse on the red calipers instead of the words "cobra"