whats wrong with my car!

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
i posted some topics a while back about my car making what seemed low numbers on the dyno.

here are my mods i copied and pasted from my cardomain.

302 shortblock, forged pistons
thumper ported e7 heads
tmoss lower intake ( i gasket matched upper to lower and for TB)
B-cam advanced 4 degrees (little more low end)
1.72 roller rockers
70MM PP TB and spacer
vortech/c&l 73 MM MAF with 19lb tube
CAI
UD pullies
BBK Headers, Hpipe, dynomax bullet mufflers
190 LPH fuel pump with adjustable regulator ( running stock 19 lb injectors.)
2.95 Zspec T5 with steeda triax shifter
KC clutch
Alum DS
3.90 gears
SFCs

car made 225 rwhp and 270 rwtq on a mustang dyno
and my last track trip i got a best of [email protected] MPH with a 2.1 60' with street tires slipping clutch at idle. my timing was off 10degress with the dyno and track runs with the new engine, due to a mismarked balancer but once i got it set right it didnt make much of a difference.

my old stock engine before i put the thumpers and cam and tmoss intake on
i ran a 14.1@99 and 13.9@ 97 with 2.0 and 1.9 60's with dragradials launching at 3-4 k
and the only mods i had then was

3.90s
KC clutch
CAI
pullies
1.7 rockers
and some crappy exhaust i had before

i got the same times as before as the stock engine, granted i didnt have any good DRs, with the stock engine i had to have a good tire to get the times. but i figure with the new stuff i would have got quite a bit more MPH

another reason i think its down on power for some reason.

i have a friend who has a STOCK 97 GT only mods are a K&N filter and flowmasters

on the exact same dyno he made 207 rwhp and 270rwtq
with a STOCK single cam 4.6, which make less HP than a 5.0 from teh factory and i have WAY more mods done to my car yet he makes the same torque and 18 less HP, doesnt seem right.

i raced him last night, he has stock gears and a 5 speed, he hooked good on the street with the stock gears and i spun some, got ahead a 1/2 car length due to me spinning but when i got going good he stay 1/2 car length ahead the whole time. i couldnt reel him in, and this was with the correct timing, not like my dyno and track runs where timing was way off.

timing is good set at 15degrees, FP is set at 39, has a good 13:1 AFR on teh dyno. the power curve is smooth on my dyno sheet, only thing i see fishy is the torque peaks out too soon.

dynopull2.jpg

nothing is mechanically wrong with the car. no misses, it drives smooth sounds good, it just flat out doesnt make the power.

from my old topics everyone said to put the cam back straight up, but i dont think that would make much of a difference at all.

sorry for posting all this crap again but i am stumped and i think i will end up changing my HCI or something, this wont cut it lol i need more power. unless there is something wrong.

Attachments

• dynopull2.jpg
    dynopull2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)