• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

What's Wrong With This Picture?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mustang5L5
  • Start date Start date Sep 1, 2016
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Sep 1, 2016
#21
  • Sep 1, 2016
  • #21
I like the TRX wheels.
 

Chuckman

GTFO you fat, heavy bastard
15 Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
1,604
1,002
173
st. louis, mo
Sep 1, 2016
#22
  • Sep 1, 2016
  • #22
Mustang5L5 said:
Better pic




Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Click to expand...
I would totally rock those, and I'm usually the type to dislike ANY bolt on body mods like that.
 

Kabuki_notch

Founding Member
Nov 19, 2001
670
394
113
Rochester, NY
Sep 1, 2016
#23
  • Sep 1, 2016
  • #23
Where can I get that car seat?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Reactions: SF Lex

Jersey Joe

I remember blowing that Monkey's ass
10 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
766
1,313
154
Bloomingdale N.j.
Sep 1, 2016
#24
  • Sep 1, 2016
  • #24
TFI on the distributor has no harness? ?? Actually not much does, like the injectors and so on.
 

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Sep 1, 2016
#25
  • Sep 1, 2016
  • #25
Kabuki_notch said:
Where can I get that car seat?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Click to expand...
Man! what a badass, hot convertible!
 
Reactions: Kabuki_notch

RaggedGT

Been here over a DECADE and still no CT
Mod Dude
Jul 20, 2014
4,754
3,209
203
Taylorsville ky
Sep 1, 2016
#26
  • Sep 1, 2016
  • #26
Mustang5L5 said:
1980 had some ugly interiors



I've never seen this color combo cobra



Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Click to expand...

I had those wheels on my Capri- polished them religiously lol
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,337
18,064
224
Massachusetts
Sep 2, 2016
#27
  • Sep 2, 2016
  • #27
Chuckman said:
I would totally rock those, and I'm usually the type to dislike ANY bolt on body mods like that.
Click to expand...

Good luck finding one. I'd imagine most dealer installed louvers were removed a decade or so ago. I remember seeing a few guys commenting on removing them. I'm sure they are all rusted up and gone by now.
 

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
15 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
3,208
1,973
194
Cabot, AR
Sep 2, 2016
#28
  • Sep 2, 2016
  • #28
Mustang5L5 said:
1980 had some ugly interiors
Click to expand...
We were still recovering from the '70s.
 
Reactions: Davedacarpainter

Kabuki_notch

Founding Member
Nov 19, 2001
670
394
113
Rochester, NY
Sep 2, 2016
#29
  • Sep 2, 2016
  • #29
Davedacarpainter said:
Man! what a badass, hot convertible!
Click to expand...

Thanks dude!
 
Reactions: Davedacarpainter

FourEyed

Active Member
Jan 9, 2011
93
44
39
Sep 2, 2016
#30
  • Sep 2, 2016
  • #30
Missing 'salt n pepper' shakers.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,337
18,064
224
Massachusetts
Sep 2, 2016
#31
  • Sep 2, 2016
  • #31
Well it's missing the entire wiring harness in general. That alone wasn't strange as I'm sure they wanted an engine for photo op only.


Anyway, the minor inconsistencies with the 5.0 we all know like the back of our hand....
Throttle body vac line connected to EGR spacer
Throttle body vac port facing rear of engine, line runnin off to who knows where
fuel injectors look like the light blue 14# versions
oil cap wrong
IAC is rusted to hell
Thermostat housing is not 90 facing up. Looks like it comes out almost straight or 45 degrees
Engine is just way way way too clean!
 
Reactions: Davedacarpainter

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,337
18,064
224
Massachusetts
Sep 3, 2016
#32
  • Sep 3, 2016
  • #32
Got the 1986 brochure. damn, I've never seen 86 leather seats so clean

Strangely enough...not a single picture or mention of t tops. Not even listed as an option, just the sunroof is




Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
 
Reactions: 02 281 GT and Davedacarpainter

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
15 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
3,208
1,973
194
Cabot, AR
Sep 3, 2016
#33
  • Sep 3, 2016
  • #33
Mustang5L5 said:
Got the 1986 brochure. damn, I've never seen 86 leather seats so clean

Strangely enough...not a single picture or mention of t tops. Not even listed as an option, just the sunroof is




Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Click to expand...
Maybe because I've never owned an '87-'93, but I've always preferred the '79-'86 interiors. Especially the update in '85.
 

Shakerhood

20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 28, 2004
3,360
211
114
Ohio
Sep 3, 2016
#34
  • Sep 3, 2016
  • #34
Those are pretty nice looking seats!
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

92 LX 5.0 what items to change to prevent becoming stranded?
  • Ricomondo
  • Mar 13, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 5, 2025
Noobz347
Progress Thread The Mach Returns - Update/build thread
  • squeak93
  • Feb 20, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
729
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Today at 8:57 AM
squeak93
READ ME FIRST - Noobz busts it down for Noobs
  • Noobz347
  • May 16, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
121
The Welcome Wagon May 16, 2025
Noobz347
  • Poll Poll
Fox Foxtoberfest 2025: Registration open!
  • FastDriver
  • Oct 31, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 4 5 6
Replies
116
Views
8K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 13, 2025
TripleYellow
Progress Thread Nicholase "lights out" build- MotiV8 engine management
  • nicholase
  • Aug 10, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 27 28 29
Replies
562
Views
47K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sunday at 12:15 PM
nicholase
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?