What's Your Dream Daily Driver?

sneaky98gt

10 Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
NC State University
If you don't, or don't want to, daily drive your Mustang, and if money wasn't a problem, what would your dream daily driver be? Pictures would be great.

Criteria: The DD has to either:
A. Be slower than your Mustang, or,
B. Get better fuel mileage than your Mustang.

Because if the DD is faster and gets worse fuel mileage than the Mustang, then the Mustang should be the DD instead...

I'll start.

First generation (04-08) Aurora Blue Mazda 3 sedan with the S Touring trim package and automatic transmission. Nice little sporty car that gets pretty good fuel mileage (26/32), makes a decent amount of power for what it is (0-60 in 8ish seconds). Decent amount of leg room in the back seat, or at least more than enough for someone my size (5'10", 160 lbs). Decent amount of trunk space. Very comfy ride IMO; I've heard others complain, but it's like riding in a Cadillac compared to my GT.

The S Touring package comes with a few extra goodies over the S sport and I trims such as the 2.3L engine, 5 speed automatic transmission, traction and stability control, and a nice upgraded Bose audio system, but it doesn't come with all the unnecessary stuff like voice activated navigation system, altezza brake lights, etc. that the S Grand Touring package does.

The interiors are also VERY nice for an economy car. The S Touring trim comes with, as already mentioned, an upgraded Bose sound system, steering wheel radio controls, and just a generally kick-ass interior that I like very much.

Exterior:
my_car1.jpg

4-23-08Mazda3GTS.jpg

Interior:
mazda_mazda3_s_touring_4_door_2008_interior_frontseat.jpg

mazda_mazda3_s_touring_4_door_2008_interior_steeringwheel.jpg

mazda_mazda3_s_touring_4_door_2008_dashboard_dashboard.jpg

Oh, and this is a stress free thread. No bashing, hating, name calling, or otherwise negative remarks. Keep them to yourselves. Or else, I will.....well.....I don't know what I would do. But just don't do it! :p

• Sponsors (?)

2010 camaro ss.. slower then my stang! On a serious note I will dd whatever my company gives me to drive around in. Right now I have a 2010 chevy hhr to criuse in. Don't have to pay for gas, or maintenance! If I had a decision it would be a red mazda speed3

Bugatti Veyron :hail2:

Sometimes it could be slower and sometimes better MPG then my mustang , it really depend on how far down the gas pedal is pressed , hooray for Loopholes !

My DD is an 02' Jetta GLS 1.8T with a Greddy BOV, turbo inlet pipe, CAI, short shifter, and a few other little things. I'm happy with it, it runs like new and has 155,000 miles, and just got back from its 2nd trip from PA to FL and back (968 miles 1 way) and no problems. Would be nicer if it was programmed, 20lbs instead of 8 lol. Other than that, that M6 looks pretty damn good

If I were to choose a new daily driver, it would be a 2011 mustang GT. It is slower than my 88 and gets better gas mileage. :p

But realistically, I would't be happy driving that car. I'd always be thinking about how much I'm loosing in depritiation each year and of course car payments aren't fun.

I guess that's why I love daily driving the 97 GT so much. It is modern in terms of safety/reliability, yet is very cheap to keep. It makes me happy, because older cars are cheaper to insure and you don't loose your ass on depritiation. It gets pretty good gas mileage too... 25-26 all highway, and I can get 22-23 in the mixed driving I do everyday. The car still looks and runs great and doesn't cost me much at all, but still looks pretty good.