Wheel size

• Sponsors (?)

Perfectsix said:
I've pick out a wheel for my 99 stang, it's the "Boss 304", know I need to know how big and wide can I go without rubbing?

How big do you want to go? 17, 18, 19 (rim sizes) have all been done. I'm sure someone has put a 20 on a stang somewhere. as far as width is concerned I wouldn't go any bigger than a 10 inch rim, 305mm tire.

I would stick with 17 or 18 inch rims. The width is up to you. You could stick with a 9 inch all around or a 9 in front and 10 in back but then you cannot rotate tires. My setup is a 18x9 rims, 265 35 18 all around. Hope it helps.

Toohey

Toohey said:
How big do you want to go? 17, 18, 19 (rim sizes) have all been done. I'm sure someone has put a 20 on a stang somewhere. as far as width is concerned I wouldn't go any bigger than a 10 inch rim, 305mm tire.

I would stick with 17 or 18 inch rims. The width is up to you. You could stick with a 9 inch all around or a 9 in front and 10 in back but then you cannot rotate tires. My setup is a 18x9 rims, 265 35 18 all around. Hope it helps.

Toohey

What do you know about positive offset and how this makes the wheel look on the stang? The guy at the shop told me the 304 would not work on the stang.