Wheels-Tires Wheel/tire Combos Known To Fit

• Sponsors (?)

These don't fit very well :rlaugh: 255/50/17's on 17X9's They touch if you look at the car too hard. Just put them on to see what it would look like.
attachment.php

insanemach1 said:
does anyone know where i can get a set of those 1/2 inch spacers i have been looking all over, i got a set of pony rims from a 92 stang i would like to put on my car. only thing i can find is the 1/4 inch slip ons which i am afraid to use :)

well ihave looked all over for the 1/2 inch bolt in spacers but all i can seem to find is 1 inch anyone know if i could use a 1 inch bolt in with the 16 inch pony rims for the front was gonna use tire size 205/50/16 not sure if they would fit or not. not sure if i mentioned it earlier or not but this is for a 4 lug

jeffnoel said:
16x8 Cobra Rs 15mm offset, 215/40-16s Front, 245/45-16s Rear, 1.5" spacers all around.
getfile.php?id=111066&toggle=fullsize&filename=DCP_2157.JPG

So 1 inch spacers would still give me enough room on all 4 tires even with the 4 lug not sure what the 92 pony rims offset are all i know is they are 16's lol

Attachments

• getfile.php?id=111066&toggle=fullsize&filename=DCP_2157.JPG
    getfile.php?id=111066&toggle=fullsize&filename=DCP_2157.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 544
I know most of you are probably sick of this subject....
But, I also would like some advice on rim & tire selection :rolleyes:

I'm basically wanting something like Centerline drags/Cragar quick tricks/American Racing outlaws (Not a fan of the new styles at all), with BF Goodrich RWL T/A's.

I probably don't want to convert from the 4x4.25 bolt pattern (is it complicated?), but don't mind going to a 14 or 15" rim. I think I'd actually prefer it.

With all that in mind, what can I go with that will fill the wells as much as possible without the tires rubbing.... much? :D

255/45/17 front 274/40/17 rear. spacers on rear and the granada brake swap on the front. Rear fender lips are removed but there is room for a little more. 17X8 GT wheels.

Attachments

• Copy of mustangII GT wheels.JPG
    Copy of mustangII GT wheels.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 956
92 16 inch pony rims what i have are 1/2 inch slide on spacers but cannot find studs to fit. my knurl for the factory studs are .570 the closest stud i could get in 3" are .615 have been thinking of drilling new holes and using them because of money already spent, and also been thinking of cutting my losses and just doing it the right way once i save up the money to get the bolt ins. I got new rotors and kinda don't want to drill them cause if i mess up thats about 90 bucks in rotors down the tubes .

I may be in a position to purchase a used set of 5-lug Cobra R 17"s, with brand new BFG 275/40s on the rear rims and 245/45s on the front rims.
I have a '59 t-bird 9" rear in my II, and I *think* it's 1.5"-2" wider than the stock 8" rear was.
On the front, the granada rotors are supposed to stick out 1" further than the stock rotors, so perhaps these 17s will bolt on without spacers? Hmm.

Blue Thunder said:
On the front, the granada rotors are supposed to stick out 1" further than the stock rotors, so perhaps these 17s will bolt on without spacers? Hmm.
The Granada rotors only stick out 1/4" further on each side. You can still do it without spacers by putting travel limiters on the steering rack or changing to a tubular upper control arm.

jeffnoel said:
The Granada rotors only stick out 1/4" further on each side. You can still do it without spacers by putting travel limiters on the steering rack or changing to a tubular upper control arm.

Thanks for info. I've been considering the new tube uppers anyway, because they look cool, and they're lighter, so this is just another reason.

About the (metric?) lugs on the newer Stangs.. Will those 5-lug R wheels slide right on to the older-style SAE studs of the granada rotor?