wheel/tire combos with sportlines

UNTAMED/06

Mar 30, 2010
I know that this has most likely been ran into the ground, but Im new to forums and have a hell of a time finding things. anyway I have a 06 GT. I have bought a set of sportlines and still am looking for the right wheel/tire combo. I would really like to go with a 20x10 on the rear. Can I get some sizes of wheels, tires and backspacing from other s197 owners using sportlines. Thanks Eric

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the reply. I've seen 295, 285 ect. which is the way Id like to go,but just not sure about the backspacing. Id hate to sink that much money into a set that is going to rub. thanks again

Oh I agree! Spending 1500-2k$ on tires and rims is a big decision, especially when it is the only part of your car that touches the road :D Let me search a bit and see what info I can find...

Edit: After some searching you can run 305 out back, but the main concern is what the overall height of the tire is. ie: http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/805104-biggest-rear-tires.html I don't know what the Sportlines lower the car to, but make sure you have the right sidewall hieght on the tire or you could get gashes in your tires from the wheelwells if you bottom out on a bump etc. Then again if you get the right offset and keep them just behind the edge you could get a higher sidewall ratio in there.

It looks like once you get to 285 you want to start having +40mm offsets anything above that would need more obviously. So having the correct offset would help with the side rubbing as well as maybe height rubbing as well.

So in the end you will have to decide on how wide you want to go in the rear. The fronts are definitely only 275 MAX. Anything past that and you will have rubbing!