When was the last time your stang broke down

• Sponsors (?)

It's been a good car other than about five years ago when the rear crossover line on the fuel rail split. Of course I was almost out of gas so when the engine shut down I thought it might re-start as I sprayed more fuel on the header and the whole thing started to burn. Sandblast, prime, paint, new wiring, fuel injectors, etc. The car's been good since can drive daily, 12 second car.

Three months ago i had to take the 89 out of storage due to the fact of me selling my 2000 GT....
Either way i was driving home from my dads house and comeing to a stop sign then the car just died....
I was pissed car didn't want to turn on ......
Called my dad to come pick me up then i left it there and he said he fixed it (this was a week later)Well her i go again i drove it again tring to get it to my house and it did the same thing in the same spot.

Acted a budy if he had had the same problem and yes(it was my pick up coil)
after that she's been running strop

about a month ago. I was driving normally and all of the sudden I felt warm liquid on my feet and they were covered in oil. Shop thought it was brake fluid (dumbasses, I understand why noone wants to take their car to a shop ever) I figured out it was the line to my Oil Pressure Gauge got a hole in it from the clutch rubbing against it. Anyways have you guys ever tried to fix this? What a PITA. Running that line up to where the gauges go through that mess or wiring and **** was a nightmare. Figured out some cool tricks to doing it in the process so it was a fun learning experience, as well as my first real problem with the car.

2 weeks ago the clutch cable broke at the local saturday night hangout. fortunately I had several mustang buddies around and we got it back on the road in under an hour.

BTW you cant shift a tremec with out a clutch LOL

25thmustang said:
You can shift every tranny without a clutch... Had to do it a few times in a few different cars!

I bet you cant shift a tremec 3550 with out the clutch.

Only time I've EVER had a car just outright die while driving and leave me stranded was in my current 'Stang. Got almost exactly one mile down the road from my house, it stumbled a couple of times, and then it just died. Had to walk home, wait for the tow truck (even a mile from my house, I was SOOOOO not leaving my car to just rest by the roadside and hope someone didn't steal my Notch), then bum a ride off m'lady to show up at work two hours late. Buttload of employees and customers waiting outside my store for me, as I was the opening manager that day... :(

Spent a week banging my head against a wall, trying to figure if it was a bad relay, ECM, ignition coil, or what. I kept overlooking the problem at hand because I just "KNEW" it wasn't related to the distributor, as I'd just replaced it two months before ... but, lo and behold, when I yanked the dizzy and found I couldn't turn it by hand, I could see right away that the little magnet on the pickup coil had turned itself loose somehow and jammed against "the spinny thing" (if it were on a lawnmower, I'd call it a magneto, but I forget the proper term at the moment). Poked in a replacement dizzy (free under warranty) and it fired right up. Always the simple things that drive ya' nuts, ain't it?

Hey DarkWriter, I had a similar distributor problem I found in someone elses Tempo they brought to me and it was one of my biggest Homer moments. It came in off time and I looked at it, reset the timing and they drove it home. Then it came back off time again, badly, I looked at the distributor and it looked ok. I decided at 150,000 that it slipped the timing chain. Spent about 5 hours changing a timing chain that had obviously not slipped when I got in there so I was pissed. Pulled out the distrubutor and grabbed that metal disc and found that I could spin it on the shaft with a little effort so every so often it was moving a little. Found a distributor in the junkyard for $12 and gave them the car back, ate too much in labor.

I've had my 88gt since '90 and the heater core took a leak and was replaced in '91. Since then the water pump had to be replaced in '95. Neither left me stranded. The clutch quadrant failed on my way to work one day in '98, but it still didn't leave me. I thought it was the t5 so I replaced it with a Tremec. Felt stupid it was just the quadrant at first, but was a good way to get the Tremec.:D