Where can I find good/cheap replacement BBK header gaskets/bolts?

The headers have been leaking for way too long now and I've decided that it angers me enough to reinstall them...I'm wondering where I can find replacement gaskets and (preferably) locking bolts for the BBK 1 3/4" chrome shorty unequal 5.0 headers. Thanks. -Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

Would Murray's and stores like that carry the same products as Advance Auto? Also, I'm wondering if stuff from there is as good or better as the stuff that BBK sent me with the headers. Since this is the second time around doing this, fixing the leak is more important than saving money. Any other suggestions?

DONT get replacement BBK gaskets....there Cheap crap and dont last very long. Get a good set of Fel Pro Performance Header gaskets and you'll be happy for awhile. As for bolts I've used those locking header bolts before and found them to be more of a pain in the but then anything. The ones BBK supplies with there headers arent to bad and they'll work just fine. If you want to upgrade ARP header bolts would be an excellent choice.

Shon

i reccomend Mr. Gasket ultra seals. dunno the part #, but i run em and don't have any problems. a good set of 1" header bolts should do fine. you could splurge for the stage 8 locking ones like i did. except, on my headers i couldn't use the locking tabs cause it won't fit over the head of the bolt because the tubes are in the way. so that was like $40 wasted, but they do hold good even with the locking part of it on.