Where is Turbo II?

78cobra347

Oct 17, 2003
Calgary Alberta
Dude where have u been i saw ya once at the track?

You missed les's first night out the AFRs got him a 12.7 in street trim

Oh i ran in to a old bud (been 5 years since i saw him), he came out to BS corner to see some street racin action and man was it good. he has some IIs and turbo 2.3 motors in his wrecking yard in lacomb but will deliver to cal for no charge once a month.

so i got me C-4 for a 2.3, a big turbo comin and granada disc brakes for the 66 (les's)

Hey u got manual racks kicking around for a II?

• Sponsors (?)

78cobra347 said:
Dude where have u been i saw ya once at the track?

You missed les's first night out the AFRs got him a 12.7 in street trim

Oh i ran in to a old bud (been 5 years since i saw him), he came out to BS corner to see some street racin action and man was it good. he has some IIs and turbo 2.3 motors in his wrecking yard in lacomb but will deliver to cal for no charge once a month.

so i got me C-4 for a 2.3, a big turbo comin and granada disc brakes for the 66 (les's)

Hey u got manual racks kicking around for a II?

I hope everything is well with him. He has been a true friend to me, even in another Country. How many guys would take a valve cover off his own car to give to someone else? He's A#1 in my book. :hail2:

Steve & Jon,

Thanks for thinkin of me! All is well, just haven't had much time to spend on the net or go to the track :( My reno job was going sour as my boss has decided to move, taking the tools and business with him. Hours were starting to to shrink as well so I started a new job at a fabrication shop. Starting at the bottom again but I'm looking forward to learning new skills. Plus I have access to some great tools for fixing my cars (sandblasters, MIG, TIG, and a paint shop :) )

As for my cars, no major progress. I am doing patch panels on the '77 Cobra clone right now (did you know the wheel arch from a spare front fender makes a great patch panel for the rear?) I also picked up a couple of basket case cars that I will eventually turn into a streetrod ('31 Oldsmobile and '31 Model A) The Olds has a really nice frame (similar to deuce rails) and also a pair of rebuildable front fenders. Some day I hope to be cruisin in a flathead powered "Fordsmobile" :D

fordsmobile.jpg

This is a backyard "mock-up" Borrowed a couple of my II rims

Steve: Sorry, but no spare manual racks right now. I have one but I'm saving it for my "Bogus Boss" project.

Jon: MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES! I was in the garage today and spotted the 4-way seat track I promised you :doh: forgot all about it. I will try to get it packed up and sent out to you on Friday the 23rd or Saturday. Very sorry for the delay.

Take care guys, hope to have some more updates soon :)

Francis

Glad ur ok and all sorry bout ur old job,the new 1 sounds really interesting!

Ill keep looking for a rack but if u see 1 snag it, if ur still cruzin bone yards.

Well im sure u will make it out to the track for a few more fridays, i may have a big shocker to show u (ET wize) with the 2.3 :)