Where to buy a convertible boot cover?

1995MustangGT

Jul 22, 2002
Dover, PA
Visit site
I just picked up a 1995 Convertible Mustang GT. Does anyone know where I can buy a convertible top boot cover? I searched several sites and keep finding the full toneau covers, but not just the top boot cover.

• Sponsors(?)

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
i'd call latemodelresto too. the web site shows 79-93 only, but i'd be surprised if they didn't have one for 94-04s too.

1-866-507-3786

1TallMF

Apr 17, 2006
Montreal
BlackVert said:
OT: why do you hate your EL headers? I noticed it in your sig
Nothing major, its just when working around them, its a bitch to get to the spark plugs, but the worst its that its impossible to put the wires such that they don't touch the #3 primary, so running sp boot protectors is pretty much mandatory. And those are a bitch to put on angled sp wire boots :bang:

Not only that, but if I ever take them out to replace them, it 'aint gonna an easy task. I'm probably gonna leave them alone this year, then just replace them when I do my H/C/I :rolleyes:

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
1TallMF said:
Nothing major, its just when working around them, its a bitch to get to the spark plugs, but the worst its that its impossible to put the wires such that they don't touch the #3 primary, so running sp boot protectors is pretty much mandatory. And those are a bitch to put on angled sp wire boots :bang:

Not only that, but if I ever take them out to replace them, it 'aint gonna an easy task. I'm probably gonna leave them alone this year, then just replace them when I do my H/C/I :rolleyes:
yeah, i have EL headers too (from BBK) and i agree they are a royal pain to work around, and it is damn near impossible to put the plug wires on with those boot protectors on there

sorry, back on topic ...

TripleBlack95

Dec 14, 2003
Burke (Fairfax), VA
EBAY. Unless a SN member has one, do NOT buy anything new from a parts store. Ford lists this part at 600 plus when I checked 3 years ago. Ridiculous.

I got a new one from a Ebay ford guy for 125 and picked it up at a gas station. LOL.

Trick Pony

Apr 3, 2006
Do yourself a favor and MAKE SURE YOU GET THE OEM BOOT! There are some aftermarkets out there and they dont fit at all and look like total crap. I got burned on Ebay with a re-pop part that i ended up throwing away. I recently got the OEM vinal one and it fits perfect and looks great. I also paid $125, but i got it shiped for that price.