Where to buy a convertible boot cover?

• Sponsors (?)

BlackVert said:
OT: why do you hate your EL headers? I noticed it in your sig

Nothing major, its just when working around them, its a bitch to get to the spark plugs, but the worst its that its impossible to put the wires such that they don't touch the #3 primary, so running sp boot protectors is pretty much mandatory. And those are a bitch to put on angled sp wire boots :bang:

Not only that, but if I ever take them out to replace them, it 'aint gonna an easy task. I'm probably gonna leave them alone this year, then just replace them when I do my H/C/I :rolleyes:

1TallMF said:
Nothing major, its just when working around them, its a bitch to get to the spark plugs, but the worst its that its impossible to put the wires such that they don't touch the #3 primary, so running sp boot protectors is pretty much mandatory. And those are a bitch to put on angled sp wire boots :bang:

Not only that, but if I ever take them out to replace them, it 'aint gonna an easy task. I'm probably gonna leave them alone this year, then just replace them when I do my H/C/I :rolleyes:
yeah, i have EL headers too (from BBK) and i agree they are a royal pain to work around, and it is damn near impossible to put the plug wires on with those boot protectors on there

sorry, back on topic ...

Do yourself a favor and MAKE SURE YOU GET THE OEM BOOT! There are some aftermarkets out there and they dont fit at all and look like total crap. I got burned on Ebay with a re-pop part that i ended up throwing away. I recently got the OEM vinal one and it fits perfect and looks great. I also paid $125, but i got it shiped for that price.