Where to Find a Clock Spring

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
I have a similar thread that talks about the tech for this, but now I cant find one anywhere...Ford says they are obsolete and not made. According to many good sources, the 95-98 IS NOT THE SAME as the 94, which is what I need.

The Ford Number is F4ZZ-14A664-A,

Anyone know where to get one of these?

Thanks
RC

• Sponsors (?)

I have a similar thread that talks about the tech for this, but now I cant find one anywhere...Ford says they are obsolete and not made. According to many good sources, the 95-98 IS NOT THE SAME as the 94, which is what I need.

The Ford Number is F4ZZ-14A664-A,

Anyone know where to get one of these?

Thanks
RC

damnn i got a brand new one still in the box but its F6ZZ-14A66-AA

NO YOURE NOT :lol:

I found that one WAY BEFORE I posted here. If you read, it says for 1994-1998. I contacted the guy since he is local, it is NOT the right part...the one he has is for 95-95.

SO HAH!!!! :rlaugh:

That post on Corral I read also...they do not actually state "HOW" they got the 95 one to work..

Im gonna keep looking.

Thanks
RC

IM STILL AWESOME!!!!

View attachment 297383
(he says 94 on there)

thats a very good deal!!! they go for over 100 bucks at the dealer:nice:

Almost done with the car Rob?

I guess you didnt read the WHOLE thread BEFORE YOU POSTED :nonono:

...Ford says they are obsolete and not made

. I contacted the guy since he is local, it is NOT the right part

Actually the dealer has the price in their book (even though it's not made anymore) at $142.

The one on Ebay is for the 95-98.

RC

i bought one years ago...thought they still made them

When do u plan on being ready for the towers???

After the car is painted, but I will NOT send the car to the paint shop until I am SURE that it will not see any more engine or interior work. I dont want to paint the car then have to start taking stuff apart again. I still have these few nagging things left, the A/c, aligment, SNOW kit, tuning, carpet, seats and newe Rubber. Hopefully I can get the car painted by April or May. May would be the 1-yr anniversary of the initial engine rebuild.

Thanks
RC

Clock Spring

In a boneheaded move while replacing the turn signal switch, I broke off a small connector that attaches to the female ignition switch housing. This attaches to the outer lip of the housing and has a brass contact that senses the position of the ignition switch. It comes in contact with the switch and actuates the chime that says your lights are on after the ignition is off.
It appears from the Ford diagrams that it comes off of the harness attached to the clock spring assembly. Does anyone know if this is correct? In my case on a '94, that part number is F4ZZ-14A664-A which is no longer available. Since all I need is the plastic piece that fits into the ignition switch assembly (and will cut it off from the new clock spring), am I safe to get the '95 to '98 version which is F6ZZ-14A664-AAF?
Thanks for your help.

In a boneheaded move while replacing the turn signal switch, I broke off a small connector that attaches to the female ignition switch housing. This attaches to the outer lip of the housing and has a brass contact that senses the position of the ignition switch. It comes in contact with the switch and actuates the chime that says your lights are on after the ignition is off.
It appears from the Ford diagrams that it comes off of the harness attached to the clock spring assembly. Does anyone know if this is correct? In my case on a '94, that part number is F4ZZ-14A664-A which is no longer available. Since all I need is the plastic piece that fits into the ignition switch assembly (and will cut it off from the new clock spring), am I safe to get the '95 to '98 version which is F6ZZ-14A664-AAF?
Thanks for your help.

If ALL you need is that piece, why spend $100 at a dealer when you can get a clock spring from a junkyard for that one piece? Alternatively, you could wait until I replace mine this week and i can sell you my broken one cheap. The connectors are good, I think just the ribbon part is bad.
RC

Thanks RC

Thanks for your reply and the offer, RC. I ended up finding a clock spring from Dorman (525-206) for $58. It is on its way. I was able to match up the part to some pictures from Rockauto's web-site. Wish there was a way to just buy the connectors. I'll keep the clock spring around in case I need it down the road. Again, thanks.