Where To Find Convertabile Interior Panels?

GrandmasterK

Founding Member
Aug 17, 2001
Madison, WI
I'm looking to replace these interior panels in on the sides of the rear seat in my 1989 GT vert. I swear I found these for sale new years ago on a site like LMR or CJPonyParts but I can't find them now that I'm actually interested in buying a set. These are easily the most worn out pieces in my interior (I've already replaced the carpet) and it would make a huge difference if I could install a new set of them.

Any ideas where I could find a brand new set of these?

I could go used but then I'm just going from worn out to less worn out. They'll look out of place whenever I get around to replacing seats and front door panels, which are easy to find new (although can be pricey).

Attachments

• InteriorPanel.jpg
    InteriorPanel.jpg
    956.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Sponsors (?)

"New? As in 30 year old car but I want..............new parts?"

It's really not crazy at all, you can buy new interior parts for pretty much everything in the Fox body Mustangs besides these quarter panels :/

"Yeah, they used to...but not any more. Here is the page. https://lmr.com/item/LRS-8789CQP/Mustang-Interior-Quarter-Panels-Convertible-Pair-Bare-87-89"

That's probably what I saw before, disappointing they aren't making them anymore. They do at least still sell the carpet that goes on them so that'd be an improvement over what I have now at least. Thanks.

Use the old ones as molds and make a new set. In glassed over a really crappy pair once and wrapped them in this fake carbon fiber. Came out ok. I'd offer pics they disappeared years ago in a computer crash.

Yeah I wonder if I just took the old ones to an upholstery shop, if they could do something to them as well.

Fiberglass could be an option to make my own as well, but it's nothing I've ever done before. Thanks for the idea.

Im sorry but what is a
Convertabile ?

I have owned 2 Droptops or Ragtops or Convertibles. But never a Convertabile. Is that some sort of rare reptillian type thing? :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user