Where to put Vacuum line through firewall

ef200098

Dec 20, 2004
Where is a good place to pass a vacuum line through the firewall. are there any good existing holes with a gromet that i can just slip the line through as well?

mike

• Sponsors (?)

One could use an existing grommet. Cut an X in it and slide the line through. When I do mine, I put a small copper sleeve around the line and then run it through the grommet. Then put the sleeve (a couple inches long) through the grommet so it is centered. This keeps the vac line from being crushed or chafed.

Good luck.

There's an awesome grommet just to the left of the brake booster(looking at the car) about 6" up from the steering shaft. It's around 1" diameter and is a straight shot to just above the gas peddal. I ran a 4 ga. wire through it in 2 minutes.

abusedstang said:
There's an awesome grommet just to the left of the brake booster(looking at the car) about 6" up from the steering shaft. It's around 1" diameter and is a straight shot to just above the gas peddal. I ran a 4 ga. wire through it in 2 minutes.
i think your talking about the one for the clutch cable... on autos its just an empty plug and on 5speed cars thats where the cable goes threw

urban96 said:
i think your talking about the one for the clutch cable... on autos its just an empty plug and on 5speed cars thats where the cable goes threw

I remember there being a grommet there. I think there was something running through it, but I could still run all my wires for my amp and gauges and fan switches through there.

ive got an adjuster there so there is no room, i ran the line through the fender then passes through the door, no obstruction from door closing then tucked under the panel right by the windshield.

urban96 said:

No, that gromet has a huge wiring harness that runs through it. And you can cut an x in the top of it with a razor, and run the line through it. That is where I ran my amp stuff through.
Scott