Which alternator bracket to use?

96SOHC

Apr 26, 2004
TN
I have 2000 PI heads I'm swaping onto my 96 GT with a 99 (all plastic) PI intake. I will be using my original 96 alternator which only has three mounting points; the two bolt holes which mount to the block, and one mounting hole which attaches to the alternator bracket. Well, this bracket doesn't fit and the newer style for the aluminum crossover (2 mounting holes for alternator) doesn't either. What bracket part number do I need? I've seen a lot of you have welded/fabricated a bracket, but does a factory bracket exist for this combination? Thanks. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

96SOHC:

From modulardepot.com, I read that p/n F8AZ-10153-EA is the correct bracket. To be certain, check with Randy Stinchcomb at MD (Parts forum).

FWIW, I just modified my original bracket (moved on hole, made the other larger, cut out some material on the front of the bracket [near the electrical connections]).

Hope this helps.

Chris

nyuk98gt said:
96SOHC:

From modulardepot.com, I read that p/n F8AZ-10153-EA is the correct bracket. To be certain, check with Randy Stinchcomb at MD (Parts forum).

FWIW, I just modified my original bracket (moved on hole, made the other larger, cut out some material on the front of the bracket [near the electrical connections]).

Hope this helps.

Chris
Chris...thanks!! I'll check out that part number at the local Ford dealership to see what it looks like. :flag: