Which color combo?

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
After much debate I have decided to get a new bumper and I already have a Roush piece on the way. My next choice though is now which color combo to go with and the options are...

RedRoushCobraR.jpg

Or this one:

Roushfrontonmycar.jpg

The bumper won't be as low as the picture since this is a photoshop but its just for color reference. What's the opinions out there in stangnet?

• Sponsors (?)

I should add that I have black bullitts to go along with the black accents and new headlights will be in store as well to get rid of that crappy looking one.

Ok well I was leaning towards black before I ordered it, talked to the person painting it and he thought leave it the color of the car 1st and then if I decide to go black I can. His reasoning was it will be easy to paint the bumper black (just paint the black parts) instead of having to paint over the black a 2nd time. I kinda liked the black so maybe thats how it will be. :shrug: I dunno we shall see!

i'm also gonna say go with the black. it adds a really nice subtle touch to the car. one of those things where somebody's like, "Man that is really nice but I can't put my finger on why it is." Chip Foose like if you will, like it just belongs on the car to begin with.

Is it going to be just the front bumper or rest of the roush stuff?

Personally I am not a fan of the side exhaust on our cars and that would also mean more expenses with the exhaust and such. I have some 03-04 Cobra sideskirts ready to go on at the same time. I am hoping they look good together as I havn't seen too many cars with these pieces together. At this point I don't think I will be getting a different rear bumper or at least not this minute. I really don't like any rear bumper besides the cobra's and I don't want it to say 'cobra' in the back. There is the abc bumper but I am leaning towards a bit different route IF I decide to change that. Tough to swallow 300 plus paint for cobra mirrors and I do like the cobra spoiler but it might be too cobra'ed and therefore be what I was avoiding by getting the roush bumper. Oh well maybe I will end up with 2 kits to mix and match how I choose. :rolleyes:

Yeah the cost stopped me from getting the side exhaust too.

I think mixing different Mustang "models" looks good. Give her a try and if you don't like something then you can always sell it and change it.

Beware. Authentic Saleen body parts are of awful quality. The amount of horror stories I've heard about paint and installation... They need a lot of careful prep etc.