Which front brake? best for fox body? 5 lug conversion

hollywoodstang

May 23, 2006
hey fellas...what year mustang brakes are best set up for my fox mustang??? i am confused....newer is not the best answer i've heard. i just need to know which year cobra front brakes are the best set up for my 91 mustang w/o all the hassle with ABS...thanks and do i really need new master cyclinder for sn95 brake set up? how about the ball joints? should i use stock sn95 or steeda ball joint? let me know please

• Sponsors (?)

The ABS is a separate system from the brakes themseves that you would installon a Fox. You do not need to use the ABS parts on your car. You just don't install the ABS sensors, wiring, ABS module and etc. You only install the calipers, rotors, front spindle, axles, brackets etc. from the newer cars. The ABS gears on the spindles and axles do not matter if you use ABS or not.

The only differences between the older Cobras and the newer ones is the caliper piston size (38mm vs 40 for the new ones) and the newer cars have the better Brembo rotors up front stock.

READ Matt's site listed above, it has all the info you need, including the MC info. You will need to change the MC and the PV IF you want to actually use the rear disc brakes.

The swap is easy. Takes a couple of hours to do. I had 99-04 fronts and 94-04 rears. I just upgraded to 03 Cobra Fronts, and 94-04 Cobra rears. Huge difference in braking. Here's a pic.

First car in the line, the light blue one.
IMG_7593.JPG