which in-tank pump to get? my new one is junk

Jmood

Nov 14, 2002
Arkansaw
Well, I have been putting this car together for about 5 months now.....put a new 255l walbro (from ebay, I know its probably a copy), just put in a new adjustable regulator, and still cannot get more than 30psi.......a new filter was put on at as well, fuel lines all look good. As soon as the pump stops running, the pressure is gone, and I mean like right now.

what pump do you guys run?, I am looking for a good in tank pump. thanks for the input.

• Sponsors (?)

Most pumps are actually walbro, their really isn't many options out there.
You sure it's not the gauge or the regulator?
I'd find it hard to belive than any pump that works will only give you 30psi of pressure, but no more.

What regulator and gauge are you using?

its a autometer gauge.........car runs like crap....will idle, and go down the road very gingerly, but as soon as I give it some gas, it falls on its face.........adjusting the reg just a little makes it worse ( I can make it die with the regulator) and just barely better......

What brand regulator? Majority of the aftermarket pumps are rebadged Walbro pumps and they're a good quality manufacturer. It's possible you got a dud, but I'd honestly look toward something else and rule out everything I could before pulling the tank again.

its a Borg-warner adjustable. (the stock regulator never got above 30 either) I just dropped the tank, I guess I smashed the vent line when I put the tank in. Fuel pressure is still low though.......I check the power, I have 12 volts at the pump momentarily with the key on (prime), no leaks when I blow into the pumps out-line....all connections are good.

like a said a little bit ago, as soon as the pump stops priming, the pressure bleeds off, like right now.........and as soon as I kill the motor, pressure is gone.---same symptoms as the stock regulator with this pump. (new build, never been on the road, don't have another pump that I can just throw in)