Which intake should I run?

Obsol3te

Jun 29, 2005
Hello, have been out of the mustang world for a little bit due to funds and kids.
Anyways I have a bit of cash to spend for once and im going to buy a new intake.
Which would you suggest?
Heads: AFR 185
Cam: 224/232@ .050 555/565 lift 112ºLS
Rocker: 1.6

Edit: I had an edelbrock performer rpm on my car. When I had bought the intake 4 years ago they claimed it made power from 1500-6500rpms.
Power dropped off around 5500 with this intake.
Now i don't mind a little issues on the street i can get passed that.
I'm just curious if a vic jr would be a good choice for me or something similar

• Sponsors (?)

Dare I be different and say the Holley intake. Great flow numbers. I have the full system on mine and it makes power to about 6500....not dyno'd but on the street she keeps going.

Your RPM needs to be ported to fully support those heads, or choose to try a different intake.

I know of a little 331 with a fully ported RPM 1 behind a YSI making 847HP and running 9s. He tried a box intake to go faster and slowed 3mph and lost ET.

Why dont you just put a good intake on it and put an F-1 or a turbo on it?

Believe me, that was the plan about 3 years ago. It's been sitting as a slower than it should be low compression 331 for a long time.
Im thinking the most cost effective(initial) way to have some fun in my car is bump the compression up a few and get a nice fogger system.
11.5:1 with a nice standalone fuel cell for the nitrous running 116 ftw?
And power on the street to spare when not using nitrous at the track sounds good to me.
But yeah, a turbo hanging off the exhaust did sound a whole lot better.
But kids and money dont seem to go together for me.