Which rivet for door lock actuator

5.0 Nostalgia

10 Year Member
Feb 28, 2003
CT
What rivet do I use for the door lock actuator? I have a couple of the rivets that you use for the doors. I was going to use one of them but they look like they are too long. When I test fit it, it looked like it was coming close to the actuator.

• Sponsors (?)

just get a bolt small enough to fit through the hole where the rivet used to be and surper a glue a matching nut to the acuator bracket,then place the acuator back on the bracket,and itz easy from there..Doing this is easier than the rivets because u would have to keep drilling them out, instead of just loosening the bolt

It takes a 1/4" pop rivet. You can pry the old actuator out of it's mount and pop the new one in without drilling the rivet.

Follow this link to fix your door lock actuator problems http://jrichker.stangnet.com/Mustang_tech/door_actuator_fix/1_of_8_door_actuator.htm

Stuck with door lock actuators that don't work and don't want to pay the $50+ for a new one? Tried the junkyard ones and found that they last six months and freeze up?

A new actuator for less than $4. Fix one side for $17, do both sides for only $23. I don't sell parts, I don’t make any money off of the upgrade, I just tell you how to do it cheaply and easily.

also, though it does not matter now, but the bracket can be removed from the rivet by pulling the C clip on the inside of the bracket (info for future searchers).