Which Stang to Buy?

It all depends on if you want to buy stock or modded, what you want to do with it. How much power you want, etc.

I bought a 98 GT 80K miles, with PI swap, full exhaust, K&N FIPK, Cobra wheels, and nitrous for 6K. But if you want to keep it stock or buy stock here is what I would do.

1. 96-98 Cobra
2. 99-00 GT
3. Fox body GT or Cobra
4. 94-95 Cobra
5. 96-98 GT
6. 94-95 GT

• Sponsors (?)

04DarkShadowGT said:
It all depends on if you want to buy stock or modded, what you want to do with it. How much power you want, etc.

I bought a 98 GT 80K miles, with PI swap, full exhaust, K&N FIPK, Cobra wheels, and nitrous for 6K. But if you want to keep it stock or buy stock here is what I would do.

1. 96-98 Cobra
2. 99-00 GT
3. Fox body GT or Cobra
4. 94-95 Cobra
5. 96-98 GT
6. 94-95 GT

Your list is along my same lines of thinking except I was thinking the Fox body GT or Cobra as my last choice. I say that only because I like the newer body styles better.

And good point, I should have clarified my intentions at the start. This vehicle will be my daily driver on a 40 mile round trip commute for 5 days a week, and then of course my play toy on the weekend.

I don't mind a few mods, but I definitely need something that is driveable everyday and reliable.

To give a little history why I am looking at the Mustangs, the gas bill on the Jeep is killing me. With it, I am doing good to get 15mpg on the highway. I need a car that can get better gas mileage but I can't stand the thought of an "insurance salesman type" vehicle and being in something that will make me miserable. Plus I love hot rods and muscle cars. I always have and always will. Actually I like the late 60's muscle cars the best but they are very pricey and IMO not a great daily driver. One day at a time right?

Anyhow, I bought my wife a '96 V6 5-speed several years back that is long gone now, and it was fun to drive but wasn't going to set any record speeds. I'm hoping to recapture some of that excitement except I want the V8 now.

I doubt I'm going to run it at the drag strip, other than as an occassional weekend hobby. The track is only a few miles from my house. The real thing is I like the wicked good sound of a V8, I like to burn a little rubber, I like to shift gears and I love to go fast in general. But again, I don't want a track only car. I want something that is completely driveable on a daily basis.