Which Turbo setup would make a FOX sound like this 2005? Sick Video!

MustangOwner

Banned
Dec 13, 2006
This STS Turbo company sells turbo kits but it looks like only for the newer '05 and up Mustangs. And yes you can buy turbo's from different companys but this turbo system is different, i've never heard one like it before... I emailed them about if they offer a kit for a Fox or if you have a setup that could make it work. Anyways, this turbo sounds sick and i've never heard any other turbos like it. Check it out!

Do you guys know of any other Companys that make a turbo similar to this product for a fox body?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UV8dN3wfgY4

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a rear/remote mount kit.
In that case, it never will sound that way on a fox.

okay i don't know alot of turbos. So inform me why it wouldn't work? Or why it wouldn't sound that way?

Cause that turbo sound ****ing rocks. I would buy that turbo just for the sound lol. Who cares if its spendy. THats sick!

You guys need to do some more searching on video's of turbo fox's. My turbo's whilstle like banshee's and sound quite similar to the video posted. The exhaust note is far better on mine I might add though. :D

As far as the remote mount turbo's go...they are a band-aid fix for packaging constraints in the engine compartment. Fox's have more than enough room to fit them in the bay...and no room to fit them under the car.

My HP does not have quite that much whine at low rpms but sounds about the same at WOT :shrug:

DSC00980.jpg

it had to be a rear mounted turbo to get that sound....had to be twins to.... they had to be small turbos to start spooling on low RPM's like that... I dont start spooling until 3500rpms and I have a 62mm

To get what sound? Rear mount turbo's sound the same as standard mount turbo's. The sound just comes from a slightly different location