Who daily drives with 90/10's up front?

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Latley I have taken my front sway bar off for the track, but it eneded up I never made it down, Long story, I havnt had a chance to put the bar back on but it actaully doesnt feel to bad without it. I know alot of people say its bad, but what I want to know now, is who daily dricvers with 90/10's up front? and how is it? Thanx

• Sponsors (?)

I've just finished up the buildup of my 'Stang (April) and I've got about 3,000 miles on it since then with the 90/10's in the front. For around town driving, they're fine. It's on the highway where they can bounce a little, but only if you're on a bumpy highway. If it's a smooth highway, you're fine. By the way, I kept my front swaybar installed.

If I had to do it all over again, I would still choose the 90/10's. I can't wait until I can take it to the track! :D

I plan on running 90/10 in the near future. If your not into cornering then I am sure it wouldn't be a big deal. I am sure it will take some getting used to, but not that big of a deal. I work in a shop, so many cars come in every day with blown out shocks/struts and most people don't even relize it. A 90/10 is will ride alot better than a 00/00 blown out strut.

If you run a light wheel (I use 15x5 Welds 165x15 tire) you will not really notice a difference but when you put a heavy wheel back on (225x60x15 89 GT wheel) the shock can not handle the rebound rate of a heavy tire and you will bounce down the ride and it does get un-safe on panic stop also. I just take the extra 30 minutes and put the stock struts on when I switch tires for the season.

I'm with speedytang - drag-oriented shocks, skinnies on the front, removed sway bars, etc. should only be used at the track. Those changes significantly affect (in a negative way) the car's handling and stopping ability. Normal day to day driving can probably be managed. It's what happens if someone does something unexpected and you have to make an emergency stop or swerve. It's not worth it - either dedicate the car to the track, or make the changes back after running the car so that it's street worthy.

axeman reminds me - the shocks are the least troubling of those typical mods. The biggest safety issue is skinnies on the front (severe understeer and because of the small contact patch, significantly reduced braking effectiveness) followed by disconnected front sway bar.