Who got the best deal on a V6/GT hardtop?

Shawneebear93

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 4, 2004
Salisbury Twp, Allentown, PA
My mom is thinking of buying a 2005 5-speed Mustang Coupe. She just can't decide on the engine. My dad and I are pushing for the V8 (naturally). Anyways, I realize they probably aren't going to go too far from sticker price, but tell me what kind of deals you have all gotten on 5-speed hardtops (V6 or GT). List any extras also. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

tealtiger, I went to Capital Ford over in Raleigh, they're pretty much straight up and dont mess around, the sales guy Ted, said it would be at least 10 weeks and exactly 10 weeks later to the day I got serialized, for an 05 GT Vert I'm paying 34 and change, I know thats not what your looking for but they're still worth looking into. And I am assuming your from Chapel Hill like me.

Dealers in NJ are selling at or below MSRP for the most part. PA may not be much different, but you have to look for them. Try a search on Ford's site via zip and then start calling. Ask them FLAT out if they sell for sticker and honor plans. Find about three in one area - or reasonably close to one another, build your car and print out the sheet/MSRP and then go shopping. If you have trouble on the lot - if they said yes to MSRP on the phone an try to mess with you on the lot - report it to the manager and owner and complain to FORD. Don't let the crap slide.

I'm up in NY and these goobers think they have everyone over a barrel. $3000 over sticker for V6's - it's laughable...

Of course some don't make the slightest effort in finding a good dealer, or just don't know any better (take salesmen word that "everyone" is marking them up) and still buy them. It's just sad how upside down some will be in a years time when the car is worth 5 to 7K less than they owe on it.

I recommended my old dealer to a Friend and they tried to sell him a 6 for 26K. He's picking one up in NJ tomorrow for $20,996. or less without any plan.

Z

Triple, I'm from PA but thanks for the info.
Cleveland, what's the X-plan. Do you have to work for Ford to get that?
Xaranthru, thanks a lot. The dealer we were at had a GT 5-speed hardtop and a V6 5-speed 'vert, so she liked the V6 other than it being a 'vert. The salesman told us (after talking to the manager ??) that they wouldn't be getting any V6 hardtops in anytime soon so he would would take a few thousand off of a V6 for her.
She wants something with good fuel economy and a lot of room. The Mustang is not quite it (we also looked at 2005 Jetta TDI's). She really liked the Jetta but said she had plans to buy the Mustang from the beginning.

$25,100 for Sonic Blue premium Gt, leather, IUP, Shaker 500, Side Airbags, Active Anti-Theft, 5-Speed Manual,Bright machined wheels and wheel locks.

X-plan and $500 Military discount.

Do I win "Best Deal?" :rolleyes:

I bought both of our 05 mustangs from the same dealer one month apart

Mine is a
GT - Black - Premium - Manual - Bright Wheels: MSRP=$27,190 Paid=$26,950
Wife's is a
V6 - Windveil Blue - Premium - Manual - INT Sport Pkg - Ext Sport Pkg - Leather Seats: MSRP=$21,850 Paid=$20,350

I could not be more happy with my dealer (The Ford Store in Morgan Hill) & My Sales man. These were the two best buying experiences I have ever had with a dealership. If I buy another Ford it will be through them.

The deal I got was invoice plus $500. Black GT Deluxe, leather, IUP, side air bags. Sticker was $26,700. I didn't get the premium because I didn't care for the Shaker 500. I kind of screwed myself out of a little less than $200 Here's how:

I originally ordered the car with the upgraded wheels, which was a $194 option. A few weeks later, I decided that I didn't want hise wheels and wanted the bullits instead. Well, the dealer made the change in the system and the car came out MORE EXPENSIVE. Why? Price increase. I don't have the exact figures in front of so I'm going from memory here.

Basically, I removed $194MSRP/$175 invoice from the car but now the system raised the base price by apx $230. So, I got cheaper wheels but paid $30 more. The dealer's explanation was that the invoice price was based on the day I made my final change.

The dealer showed me the invoice and it was $500 less than what I was paying for the car.

This was my fault because when I ordered the car, I agreed on "invoice plus $500" rather than "a specific invoice figure plus $500."

Either way, I was happy