Who here is in the Seattle area?

• Sponsors (?)

Personally, I don't know anyone with S.A.D. and I've lived in Washington for almost my entire life. The summers here are so beautiful that the winters don't really bother me. I lived in LA for two years and got incredibly tired of having no seasons. The people living with S.A.D. are probably all California transplants.

It gets me, and I've been born and raised here. Every winter I tell myself "I gotta get out of here" and every summer I tell myself "I can make it another winter". lol

But it gets me, I just take a bunch of classes and stay focused on long term goals.

That would be the Tacoma News Tribune.

A word about Vashon vs. Bainbridge. Vashon is a true island, only accessible by ferry. Bainbridge has a ferry to Seattle and a bridge to Bremerton and the rest of Kitsap county.

well i think some do... We used to make day trips to Point Defiance using my buddies boat. However, i still think its cheaper just to take the Ferry.

Shoots... i believe Tom Stewert used to commute from the island to Seattle in his personal helicopter. Islanders made quite the fuss about it cause of the "noise"...lol.

but Most take the Ferry.
You can eitheir take the car ferry which puts you in West Seattle and then a 30 min drive into Down town Seattle (with no Traffic). There is also a passenger only Ferry that puts you right smack downtown... which is the commute method of choice if you work in Seattle.

well i think some do... We used to make day trips to Point Defiance using my buddies boat. However, i still think its cheaper just to take the Ferry.

Shoots... i believe Tom Stewert used to commute from the island to Seattle in his personal helicopter. Islanders made quite the fuss about it cause of the "noise"...lol.

but Most take the Ferry.
You can eitheir take the car ferry which puts you in West Seattle and then a 30 min drive into Down town Seattle (with no Traffic). There is also a passenger only Ferry that puts you right smack downtown... which is the commute method of choice if you work in Seattle.

How are the Ferry loads? Does the morning ferry ever fill up and you have to take the next one?

These days During peak commuter hours the ferry loads do suck... Waiting in line for a Ferry can get very tiresome. Especially since Vashon's population is only growing and the influx of new residents generally work off island. There was a time you could leave your house on the Island 20 min before sailing and slide right onto the boat... now waiting in long lines and missing boats can get to be the norm.

However, during peak commuter hours, the Ferry Schedule for Vashon generally has 15 min between each run (multiple Ferrys).

These days During peak commuter hours the ferry loads do suck... Waiting in line for a Ferry can get very tiresome. Especially since Vashon's population is only growing and the influx of new residents generally work off island. There was a time you could leave your house on the Island 20 min before sailing and slide right onto the boat... now waiting in long lines and missing boats can get to be the norm.

However, during peak commuter hours, the Ferry Schedule for Vashon generally has 15 min between each run (multiple Ferrys).

Oh! :scratch: I looked up the schedule and only saw 3 rides a day! :shrug: