Who Makes A Good Seat..& comfort???

• Sponsors (?)

V6&V8SHO said:
I saw some Roush seats on ebay that had the luxo look to them, and a full size headrest. Possible option for ya. They were black with the red strip on the upper half.

Yeah, I saw those. My GT seats are in better sape then those. I wonder how comfortable they are. I like the Katzkin stuff maybe I could just buy some Corbeau seats with the lowest cost fabric and have them covered by Katzkin.
Scott

Dr. Black said:
my ford 03' cobra seats are unreal, I think they are slightly more comfortable than the machs..higher bolsters for planting your a.. in. They weren't cheap, but they match my interior perfectly and I love the fake suede stuff.

How does the suede seem to wear?? I like the 03 Cobra's as well and that's what I really want, but they are not cheap. I have seen them new for around $2100 for front and rear, including all the power stuff on the drivers seat.
Scott

So if you have a Mach 1, and the seats get stolen, how do you replace them if you can't order them through Ford?
Why won't Ford sell something like this? I think I'd be willing to pay for some brand new Leather seats in the correct color with the adjustable seat?

mity2 said:
u can buy cheapet aftermarket seat from like APC in color noone wants(like hot pink or something) for cheap(@ around 150/seat). And have your local auto uphoster recover it with real leather that match perfectly with yoyur interior with nice pony stich on it like that on OEM seat( prolly around $200~$300/seat). Would be still cheaper then buying something like Sparco(@ around $750/seat last time I checked)..

At least thats what I'm planing
i was thinking the same thing awhile back but i'm concerned about the quality of the seat (probably made in china)

i don't want to spend an extra $300 on the seat using real leather and suede (i love suede) and have one of the brackets fail on me

I actually just bought a set of the Jegs GS-1 racing seats in black. They where $185 each and are actually pretty easy to install. Just a few new holes drilled in the stock seat rails and a little dremel action to open up some of the bolt holes are all it took me.

I dont have any pics installed because I am putting in new carpet too.

04DarkShadowGT said:
I actually just bought a set of the Jegs GS-1 racing seats in black. They where $185 each and are actually pretty easy to install. Just a few new holes drilled in the stock seat rails and a little dremel action to open up some of the bolt holes are all it took me.

I dont have any pics installed because I am putting in new carpet too.
How do they feel after being in them for long periods?

propellerhead said:
How do they feel after being in them for long periods?

I have no idea, I sat in them at the Jegs showroom when I was near there on business a while ago. They where very comfortable. I just got my set delivered last week and have been working on tearing apart the interior of the stang to replace the carpet, so they have not been installed yet.

They are not super tight bolsters that kill your sides over a long trip. They are more of a sport seat than an actual racing seat. They are not much lighter than stock and seem to be built well. They have a descent amount of padding and the vinyl is of good quality (probably better than the oem **** leather).

04DarkShadowGT said:
I have no idea, I sat in them at the Jegs showroom when I was near there on business a while ago. They where very comfortable. I just got my set delivered last week and have been working on tearing apart the interior of the stang to replace the carpet, so they have not been installed yet.

They are not super tight bolsters that kill your sides over a long trip. They are more of a sport seat than an actual racing seat. They are not much lighter than stock and seem to be built well. They have a descent amount of padding and the vinyl is of good quality (probably better than the oem **** leather).
Thanks. Keep us posted. I'm interested in those seats (or the Summit Racing versions of it).