WHO WAS THE GUY THAT RAN SLOWER WITH 4.10s ON HIS AODE????

stunner6910

Oct 31, 2003
south texas
I'M ASKING CAUSE I'M ABOUT TO GET THE 4.10s AS WELL AND NOTICED THAT YOU (IF IT'S YOU READING, IF NOT, STILL HELP ME :D ) WERE HAVING A HARD TIME. I KNOW THAT YOU GOT THE CHIP BUT NEVER REALLY KNEW WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THAT. HOW DID IT WORK? WHICH ONE DID YOU GET? HOW MUCH WAS IT? I'D REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP SO I CAN AVOID ANY PROBLEMS.
THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

its not possible to slow you down.

there are so many variables in drag racing, density altitude, ddriver and track prep.

get 4.10s and a stall and have fun. this will totally change your car and is a

capslock.jpg

95snoozer said:
its not possible to slow you down.

That is what the guy he is refering to said........he said he could beat all these cars before the gear change, then he said his car got slower, cause the cars he beat before, can now beat him, with the new 4.10's. Many including myself, found that rather odd,plus the cars he said he was beating were cars that it was hard to believe his car would beat in the first place, no matter what gears he had. I hope I am talking about the same post.

what i posted is a true story. he ran like a 15.4 w/o 4.10s and like 15.5 w/4.10s. he even created several posts on his problem. he might not have logged on yesterday to see this thread. i remember the last post he posted said that he had just ordered a chip from i don't know who for i don't know how much, and that was it. i hope i hear from him so i can avoid the problems he went through.

I remember that post. It made him slower becuase he was hitting the rev limiter before the trans shifted. That is one of the problems with getting gears with an auto trans. If you going to get a chip I would go through super chips sct. Jerry W that works for them know his stuff about the aode-4r70w and from what I have heard his trans program in the chip is awesome.

it didnt make him slower, it slowed him down.... that might not make any since. but the issue was not that the gears are bad, but that he didnt do all the needed mods to suport the new gearing therefore his setup was screwed.

mathematically the gears will help you out so much.

if you want, you might enjoy 3.73s with a stall muuuch better. better highway mileage and smoother with less problems with limiter

will i need a chip for the 3.90s? cause if i do, i might as well just get the 4.10s. but if i don't i can get the 3.90s, not too much of a difference. i will get a 3000 stall within the next year and don't want to change the gears again. SNOOZER brought this to my attention. SNOOZER, how will the 3.90s work with the 3000 stall. and BJL, where can i find the 3.90s for the cheapest price.

What stock gears do you have in your car right now? On some cars that came with 3.27 as stock gears you could mod the valve body so it would shift it little bit sooner and wouldn't hit the rev limiter. Check out www.tccoa.com And look under tech then tranny then tranny 101 or building a bullet proof 4r70w. Also on the 94-95's they had problems with aluminum accumulators and they would leak. Look at this info on the site because you will want to get this stuff fixed before you do a converter, chip and gears. The parts cost about $40.

i have no idea what gears i have. but i might get the clutch pack for the differential when i do the gears.

i am so sorry bjl but i despise reading in large quantities. i'd rather just have you tell me that i need or don't need to do it when i do the stall. when i took the car to the shop for the shift kit, the tech told me that my tranny was very clean and in very good condition. if there was something wrong, i'm pretty sure he would've let me know to get more money out of me.

Check your axle code on the sticker on the inside of the door. I have axle code E, which is for 3.27 factory gears. I've only had the rev-limiter problem once and I'm not really sure about that incident due to the spark miss that I'm starting to get while running through town.

stunner6910 said:
mrgreen so did you have to adjust the shift points??/

I haven't done anything with them yet. I'm going to get a Tweecer, when funds allow. I have too many repairs and maintenance to do right now to mess with it.

In any case, the shift points are fine for the most part. When cruising along, it'll go into OD at right about 30. It won't come out of it on it's own until about 16 mph, so I often just turn it off under deceleration at about 25 or so. The shifts at about full throttle come at about 5,000 or a little after. Like most stuff, some tuning here or there would be nice but it's nothing to worry about, in my case at least. Not everyone has the same experience, usually those with the computer for 2.73 gears have some problems.